Contribute
Register

Troubleshooting iMessage Login Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Troubleshooting iMessage Login Issues

I tried everything posted here, no luck. I was able to sign in but was offline and it was greyed out. Reseting my KEYCHAIN fixed the issue.

Very strange. For the first time ever (since iMessage came to OSX) I have to add a creditcard to every user via iTunes!

I did a clean Unibeast 10.9.1 install on my GA-Z87M-D3H and could only login to iMessage using my iTunes account with a creditcard ( I have the filenvram in /extra/modules ).

I don't want all of my family to have the creditcard in their account, so I added the card, connected to iMessage and deleted the card again. As long as it doesn't sign out it will stay connected.

Bit weird. Is there an alternative?

Just assembled and set up a fresh system using Unibeast and Multibeast 6.0. Mavericks is working well enough, but Messages isn't working. It will start to log in, getting to the screen where you can select what other email accounts/phone numbers to associate with Messages, but then quickly bounces back to the standard error message.

Things I have tried:
- Steps 1, 2, & 3 of the Troubleshooting iMessage Login Issues guide.
- Putting FileNVRAM.dyib in /Extra/modules and rebooting.
- Opening an iCloud account, associating with the ID, and logging in with that. (That seemed to work, but then back to the error message.)
- Deleting the keychain & performing first aid on the keychain.
- Logging in and out of iMessage on an iPhone and on a MacBook Pro.

I have read every message on this thread and tried anything that seems to apply, but I'm having zero success. Any other ideas?

System: CustoMac Budget (
Intel Core i3-4330, GA-H87-D3H, 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3, TP-Link PCI Express
Wifi Adapter) running Mavericks 10.9.1.

I was having problems with IMessage as well i tried some off the guys tips non worked for me... This is what i done an got it working. Now this will work for who got their credit card on their apple ID it not working with and account without the credit card.

Download xzenue's FileNVRAM version 1.1.2 FileNVRAM-1.1.2.zip48kB[3656] place that file in FileNVRAM.dyib in /Extra/modules ( delete FileNVRAM.plist in Extra folder ) and reboot.

Just fixed Imessage, appstore, and potentially icloud by changing my system definition in multibeast. I'm using Macbook Pro 8.1 Cheers and I hope the fix works for you. I'm downloading Mavericks from the app store and talking on imessage as we speak!

#1 Biggest issue I've seen on hackintoshes is a non-unique serial number, for a machine that actually matches what your SMBIOS is. Without that you will have trouble with iMessages, App Store, iCloud, etc. Yet so many people DO not have this done.

Changing the password eventually solved this problem that came out of nowhere.

I tried all the methods here as well, no go. What finally worked for me was something different than what has been suggested from everyone else. It is rather simple to.

I tried FileNVRAM.dylib .2 and .3 .. I don't believe you actually even need these with the new Chimera on Mavericks. The problem exists on Apple's end in regards to registering your machine properly to imessage. after you reinstall several times it just gets confused it seems. I was popping up contact support and unable to activate with account errors for over 2 days of playing around.

What Worked (for me):

You need a real mac to do this, or at least a mac that can log into imessage successfully.

1. open imessage, then go to: Messages>Preferences>Accounts
2. click on your iMessage account (on left column)
3. on the right column select details (under sign out)
4. sign into your iMessage Account Details with your password and hit View Account.
5. re-enter your password and then re-enter it again to verify (you can use your same password)
6. hit save.

It appears this will reset your iMessage account information on apple's end and wipe out any devices that it may be confused with. The only bad thing is that you will need to re-enter your password on your "i" devices to log back into and register them with the iMessage service. not a big deal.

I run without FileNVRAM now and iMessage works fine. took me days to figure this trick out.

Let me know if this works for you, would be curious if this is the actual fix to the problem.

this method works like a charm for me. Thank you for your collaboration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back