1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm running macOS 10.12.6 currently, I plan to attempt updating to 10.13 after I get the dedicated GPU disabled. I haven't done so yet because editing the SSDT files seems pretty advanced and I'm pretty new to all of this, so I'll tackle that problem next. I wanted to ask if somebody knows what might be causing these problems though to start with? I listed them in order of importance.

I followed RehabMan's laptop guide and am referencing @jackharvest 's thread with a successful install with my model as well
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...spire-e5-575g-53vg-and-sierra-10-12-5.223055/

1. Strange issue installing Clover on my hard drive partition. It's missing the entire EFI folder and when I try to copy it from the flash drive version it looks like its loading the default Clover settings instead of the customized ones including proper screen resolution fix. Not sure if it's something simple I missed but I'm confused because from what I can tell I am installing it the same way I did to the flash drive. (Using Clover v2 from Source Forge)
SOLVED

2. Audio works with VooDooHDA but with headphones only one channel seems to work properly. It's missing vocals and full sound. Also microphone doesn't work. For more information, I initially used the VooDooHDA kext from RehabMan's guide, and got the same problem with headphones and NO sound from the speakers. Now I've installed VooDooHDA 2.8.8 (pkg) as recommended in jackharvest's thread which enables me to select speakers as an output which work fine, but I get the same issue with headphones. Also, it doesn't automatically switch when you plug in a headphone jack which is mildly annoying but not the issue.

3. Sometimes when I boot, external drives do not show up on the desktop or in the finder, however they are MOUNTED in Disk Utility and I can unmount, unplug, and re-mount and they still won't show up. I'm not entirely sure but it seems if I leave nothing in the USB 3 ports on boot this issue doesn't happen.

4. Trackpad drivers work (VoodooPS2Controller.kext) however I was wondering if there are better drivers available? It lacks customization, doesn't support two finger clicking or scrolling and has no gesture support. Not sure if gesture support is possible but it would be a godsend.

Thanks in advance to anyone able to help, I know you don't have to waste your time sharing your knowledge with strangers and I have a lot of respect for what you do.

See my diagnostic files attached.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 132
  • ioreg output.zip
    487.7 KB · Views: 100
  • kextcache output.txt
    647 bytes · Views: 148
  • kextstat output.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 184
  • RehabMan.zip
    54 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I'm running macOS 10.12.6 currently, I plan to attempt updating to 10.13 after I get the dedicated GPU disabled. I haven't done so yet because editing the SSDT files seems pretty advanced and I'm pretty new to all of this, so I'll tackle that problem next. I wanted to ask if somebody knows what might be causing these problems though to start with? I listed them in order of importance.

I followed RehabMan's laptop guide and am referencing @jackharvest 's thread with a successful install with my model as well
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...spire-e5-575g-53vg-and-sierra-10-12-5.223055/

1. Strange issue installing Clover on my hard drive partition. It's missing the entire EFI folder and when I try to copy it from the flash drive version it looks like its loading the default Clover settings instead of the customized ones including proper screen resolution fix. Not sure if it's something simple I missed but I'm confused because from what I can tell I am installing it the same way I did to the flash drive. (Using Clover v2 from Source Forge)

2. Audio works with VooDooHDA but with headphones only one channel seems to work properly. It's missing vocals and full sound. For more information, I initially used the VooDooHDA kext from RehabMan's guide, and got the same problem with headphones and NO sound from the speakers. Now I've installed VooDooHDA 2.8.8 (pkg) as recommended in jackharvest's thread which enables me to select speakers as an output which work fine, but I get the same issue with headphones. Also, it doesn't automatically switch when you plug in a headphone jack which is mildly annoying but not the issue.

3. Sometimes when I boot, external storage does not show up on the desktop or in the finder, however it is MOUNTED in Disk Utility and I can unmount, unplug, and re-mount and they still won't show up. I'm not entirely sure but it seems if I leave nothing in the USB 3 ports on boot this issue doesn't happen.

4. Trackpad drivers work (VoodooPS2Controller.kext) however I was wondering if there are better drivers available? It lacks customization, doesn't support two finger clicking or scrolling and has no gesture support. Not sure if gesture support is possible but it would be a godsend.

Thanks in advance to anyone able to help, I know you don't have to waste your time sharing your knowledge with strangers and I have a lot of respect for what you do.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
My apologies! I for some reason got an error with the script version "you forgot to press f4", but I did and the files were there, so I fixed it by hand when I saw the things I missed. I attached them to the first post replacing the old files.

2. Audio works with VooDooHDA but with headphones only one channel seems to work properly. It's missing vocals and full sound. For more information, I initially used the VooDooHDA kext from RehabMan's guide, and got the same problem with headphones and NO sound from the speakers. Now I've installed VooDooHDA 2.8.8 (pkg) as recommended in jackharvest's thread which enables me to select speakers as an output which work fine, but I get the same issue with headphones. Also, it doesn't automatically switch when you plug in a headphone jack which is mildly annoying but not the issue.

3. Sometimes when I boot, external storage does not show up on the desktop or in the finder, however it is MOUNTED in Disk Utility and I can unmount, unplug, and re-mount and they still won't show up. I'm not entirely sure but it seems if I leave nothing in the USB 3 ports on boot this issue doesn't happen.

Your ioreg shows you're booting from USB, not EFI on your HDD or SSD.
Note, from your Clover bootlog (extracted from ioreg):
Code:
0:100  0:000  SelfDevicePath=PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x14,0x0)\USB(0x3,0x0)\HD(1,MBR,0xE1EABC54,0x2,0x64000) @68339218

Your ioreg shows you're booting from USB, not EFI on your HDD or SSD.
Note, from your Clover bootlog (extracted from ioreg):
Code:
0:100  0:000  SelfDevicePath=PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x14,0x0)\USB(0x3,0x0)\HD(1,MBR,0xE1EABC54,0x2,0x64000) @68339218
Yes see problem 1 as I'm not able to install clover on the SSD partition I made for it :(

SOLVED

2. Audio works with VooDooHDA but with headphones only one channel seems to work properly. It's missing vocals and full sound. Also microphone doesn't work. For more information, I initially used the VooDooHDA kext from RehabMan's guide, and got the same problem with headphones and NO sound from the speakers. Now I've installed VooDooHDA 2.8.8 (pkg) as recommended in jackharvest's thread which enables me to select speakers as an output which work fine, but I get the same issue with headphones. Also, it doesn't automatically switch when you plug in a headphone jack which is mildly annoying but not the issue.

3. Sometimes when I boot, external drives do not show up on the desktop or in the finder, however they are MOUNTED in Disk Utility and I can unmount, unplug, and re-mount and they still won't show up. I'm not entirely sure but it seems if I leave nothing in the USB 3 ports on boot this issue doesn't happen.

2. Audio: See FAQ regarding patched AppleHDA.
3. External HDD: I assume USB... see FAQ for the various USB guides.
4. Trackpad: Depends on which trackpad you have. No "Problem Reporting" files attached (read FAQ).

FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back