Graphics
AMD HD6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just put together a hackintosh build for editing and I am having a problems getting it installed and going with Snow Leopard. Here is my build:

Intel i-7 2600
Gigabyte GA-Z77-UP4 TH
16gb Gskill Ripsaw DDR3 1600
AMD HD6870
3x 1TB Seagate Baraccuda

Here is what I am running into:

I boot up with iBoot and then swap in the in snow leopard instal disk. I can only successfully get to the install screen when I boot with PCIRootUID=1 in iBoot. all other attempts leave me stuck on the apple logo screen.

When I do get to the install screen and am installing Snow Leopard, upon 70% (roughly) completion the tower will shut off. After three straight tries of this result I plugged into a different outlet which solved it, for now.

After install of Snow Leopard, I apply the 10.6.8 combo update from my usb drive. when the update is around 90-98% done, I get a grey screen of death telling me to restart. After this, I cannot boot into Snow Leopard at all. I have then used disk utility from the OS install disk to erase and re-install.

Now when I am trying to install again, the tower shuts off around 70%. I have checked my airflow in the case and it is more than sufficient for this build.

I know that this m-board chipset is unsupported but I saw enough people had gotten it going, but I guess you can't be a noob and do this. Please help if you can.

I just put together a hackintosh build for editing and I am having a problems getting it installed and going with Snow Leopard. Here is my build:

Intel i-7 2600
Gigabyte GA-Z77-UP4 TH
AMD HD6870
3x 1TB Seagate Baraccuda

I boot up with iBoot and then swap in the in snow leopard instal disk. I can only successfully get to the install screen when I boot with PCIRootUID=1 in iBoot. all other attempts leave me stuck on the apple logo screen.

When I do get to the install screen and am installing Snow Leopard, upon 70% (roughly) completion the tower will shut off. After three straight tries of this result I plugged into a different outlet which solved it, for now.

After install of Snow Leopard, I apply the 10.6.8 combo update from my usb drive. when the update is around 90-98% done, I get a grey screen of death telling me to restart. After this, I cannot boot into Snow Leopard at all. I have then used disk utility from the OS install disk to erase and re-install.

Now when I am trying to install again, the tower shuts off around 70%. I have checked my airflow in the case and it is more than sufficient for this build.

I know that this m-board chipset is unsupported but I saw enough people had gotten it going, but I guess you can't be a noob and do this. Please help if you can.

Sonnybeach

Whats that watts of your power supply - should say on the side of it -
Use only 4 gig ram - 1 Dimm in the first slot - check you user guide for correct slot -
Use only 1 of those 1TB drives - unpower the rest - make sure that you when you partition them I suggest you use a partition scheme of 2 each about 500GB as OSX10.6 has issues w 4k sectors on HD w 1TB or more. Get the Boot1h error etc. Or waiting for hd...
As you hae a sandy Bridge CPu you will need to use some startup switchs on iBoot as mentioned in the iBoot and Multibeast guide.
Try these .... Best Startup Switch for inital install from iBoot w Apple DVD
-x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No
or
-x -v -f apci=off cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 busratio=20 GraphicsEnabler=No

Something usefull about command line switchs one needs to know !
http://www.ihackintosh.com/2009/05/bootloader-acpi-flags-while-darwin-bootloader/
This is from 2008 some of these have changed but it still a good read,
http://news.metaparadigma.de/osx86-flags-and-parameters-for-darwin-bootloader-104/

You dont have a DSDT file for this so you will need to select the easybeast method to install kexts - you may need to seach some of those guides you mentioned - but the install method listed below should be followed except for the dsdt methods.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to due a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. - written by jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD)
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

If you get halts take pictures and post

Thanks for the info. Here is where I am now stuck.

I've installed with
4gb ram in dimm slot 1
1tb HDD with 2 500gb partitions
commands -x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

Upon install ran
update helper & reboot
update10.6.8 & multibeast with easybeast only & reboot

Here is now the problem:
If i try to boot up without iBoot i get this screen.
2012-08-19_18-07-37_231.jpg

The only way i can get into osx is to use PCIRootUID=1
I've run multibeast with Realtek ALC8xxx kexts, Link2Mac Realtek Ethernet, PCI Root ID fix, repair permissions and rebuild caches. But my audio still does not work and I can't boot without iBoot or PCIRootUID=1.

please help

Intel i-7 2600
Gigabyte GA-Z77-UP4 TH
AMD HD6870
3x 1TB Seagate Baraccuda

Sonnybeach

I havent seen a Tonymacx86 dsdt file for this so - but someone posted one in another link on this same MB - sorry dont have it - may want to use Google search.

As to the issues w install - You need to use the switch you stated - I have found these helpful as well
Best Startup Switch for inital install from iBoot w Apple DVD
-x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No
you need to use a modifyied install process - jester969 has this one - why - cause the hardware we have now is newer than the iBoot Multibeast method that was posted some time ago.
How to due a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.

Thanks for the help. I've got SL up and running fine with the 10.6.8 update but there are some post-installation issues I am running into. Here is what I did.

I've installed with
4gb ram in dimm slot 1

Upon install ran
update helper & reboot

Here is now the problem:

I've run multibeast with Realtek ALC8xxx kexts, Link2Mac Realtek Ethernet, PCI Root ID fix, repair permissions and rebuild caches. But my audio still does not work and I can't boot without iBoot or PCIRootUID=1.

please help

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help. I've got SL up and running fine with the 10.6.8 update but there are some post-installation issues I am running into. Here is what I did.

I've installed with
4gb ram in dimm slot 1

Upon install ran
update helper & reboot

Here is now the problem:

please help

Sonnybeach

"What we have here a failure to communicate"...... between HD and Motherboard.... thats on old line from the movie Cool Hand Luke...

What you have is the dreaded boot0 error caused by newer HD's that have 4k sectors vs the older drives w 512k sectors - SL needs older HD to install w/o getting this error - but I think it really chrimera - anyways - if you have a spare working older HD thats SATA 2 and under 750 GB it would work. and not give this error.

what you need to do is to Google search this term - "How to fix the boot0 error for your Hackintosh"- remove quotes
their are video links on this but in my recent search it was the number two link that you wanted
if you click on the correct link it will have a date of Febuary 12 2012 over the title:

per rules and regs of the Tonymacx86.com website, that we are all members of, this site's name is banned; so we are not allowed to link anything from this domain name into our posts - but Google is your friend.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
That makes sense. Thanks for the help. Since ML is only $20 I might just try that. I see a lot of the people experimenting with this m-board are doing it on ML I think it might be better for me to do that. Is the installation of ML similar to the install process I have been using?

Ok, I have SL working and booting great without iBoot!! Now I am trying to put Mountain Lion on another partition and no surprise I am running into more problems. BTW I am following this guide, http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html.

Here is what is happening:
I make a bootable usb with Unibeast and I instal without HD6870 video card (since I got the blank white screen with it).
The instal goes fine but when I run multibeast just like it stats in the above guide, I get stuck on the apple boot screen upon reboot. please assist if you know what it could be. thanks

Ok, I have SL working and booting great without iBoot!! Now I am trying to put Mountain Lion on another partition and no surprise I am running into more problems. BTW I am following this guide, http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html.

Here is what is happening:
I make a bootable usb with Unibeast and I instal without HD6870 video card (since I got the blank white screen with it).
The instal goes fine but when I run multibeast just like it stats in the above guide, I get stuck on the apple boot screen upon reboot. please assist if you know what it could be. thanks

Sonnybeach

You post needs to be opened in the ML desktop section not here in the SL desktop section

SOrry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back