Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z270 MK 1
CPU
Intel I5 7600K
Graphics
GTX 1060 6GB
I just did a fresh install on a new rig I built. I installed the latest build of High Sierra with on it. I have a Asus Tuf Z270 Mark 1 motherboard with an I5 7600K and cannot figure out how to get the Ethernet up and running on it. Any advice would be appreciated and if i left anything out that would help you fix the problem just let me know!

I have a Asus Tuf Z270 Mark 1 motherboard with an I5 7600K and cannot figure out how to get the Ethernet up and running on it.
Your motherboard has two different Intel LAN ports, Intel I211 and I219-V.

You can try to install through MultiBeast:
- MultiBeast > Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIGB v5.3.5.3
The AppleIGB.kext is used for your Intel I211 LAN port, but can cause kernel panics.

- MultiBeast > Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0
The IntelMausiEthernet.kext is used for your Intel I219-V LAN port and very stable.

If that doesn't work, try to install the kext manually :
Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist
Download one or both AppleIGB and IntelMausiEthernet and put the kext(s) on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed, restart.

Same problem, tried this @BreBo solution but it doesn't work..

Same problem, tried this @BreBo solution but it doesn't work..
That's because your motherboard has the Atheros Killer E2500 LAN port.

You can try to install through MultiBeast:
- MultiBeast > Drivers > Network > Atheros > AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.2

If that doesn't work, try to install the kext manually :
Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist
Download AtherosE2200Ethernet and put the kext from the Release folder on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed, restart.

I have a problem with ethernet on High Sierra.
Already using IntelMausiEthernet and the port is detected under system report.
I am using a Range Extender (TL-WA850RE) to provide an ethernet cable connection to my system. However, when I plug the ethernet cable, the system cannot obtain address from the Range Extender. It does not give address according to my router address, but giving random address instead (169.x.x.x). If i put DHCP manual address and DNS server, it says connected to internet, but I still cannot browse and ping to router address fail.

Is this a problem with my setting, or simply I cannot use Range Extender when plugging to ethernet port of Hackintosh (needs to use direct connection from router instead?)

Thanks for the help.

I have a problem with ethernet on High Sierra.
Already using IntelMausiEthernet and the port is detected under system report.
I am using a Range Extender (TL-WA850RE) to provide an ethernet cable connection to my system. However, when I plug the ethernet cable, the system cannot obtain address from the Range Extender. It does not give address according to my router address, but giving random address instead (169.x.x.x). If i put DHCP manual address and DNS server, it says connected to internet, but I still cannot browse and ping to router address fail.

Is this a problem with my setting, or simply I cannot use Range Extender when plugging to ethernet port of Hackintosh (needs to use direct connection from router instead?)

Thanks for the help.

I am sorry, it might seems like, problem is on my Range Extender. I jump into conclusion before making further checking.

Will check and revert back here.

- MultiBeast > Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0
The IntelMausiEthernet.kext is used for your Intel I219-V LAN port and very stable.

I had the same "no Ethernet after wake" and "no front panel USB 3" issue on my system. Used the IntelMausiEthernet.kext, installed via MultBeast per the above suggestion.

Note that I also had to manually REMOVE the old AppleIntelE1000e.kext from L/E before everything started to work.

Nice!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back