Contribute
Register

Trouble with Corsair H60 AIO pump not being recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

My first Hackintosh build and 1st PC build in 20 years - i've failed before the 1st hurdle!

Systems comprises of ASUS STRIX H270i Gaming, with i7 7700K mated to a Corsair H60, Case is https://bottlenext.com

Fan is connected to CPU_FAN header
Pump is connected to AIO header
No case fan (system is open at the moment) and rad is vented through top fan

When I start the system --> BIOS --> Status shows: AIO N/A. No sign the pump is working. CPU temp goes up, I turn off at 70 degrees...

I have tried putting the pump on the Case_Fan header and swapping connections between CPU and AIO headers
I have quickly gone into the advanced BIOS and tried the QFAN option for AIO PUMP (PWM and DC) - I assume DC should be the correct one.

I have searched and searched on the net, can't get any sense

Has anyone had the same problem and fixed it?
I really don't want to experiment because each time I do the CPU is getting too hot in seconds

Many thanks for any help

Norm

Hi

My first Hackintosh build and 1st PC build in 20 years - i've failed before the 1st hurdle!

Systems comprises of ASUS STRIX H270i Gaming, with i7 7700K mated to a Corsair H60, Case is https://bottlenext.com

When I start the system --> BIOS --> Status shows: AIO N/A. No sign the pump is working. CPU temp goes up, I turn off at 70 degrees...

I have tried putting the pump on the Case_Fan header and swapping connections between CPU and AIO headers
I have quickly gone into the advanced BIOS and tried the QFAN option for AIO PUMP (PWM and DC) - I assume DC should be the correct one.

I really don't want to experiment because each time I do the CPU is getting too hot in seconds

Many thanks for any help

Norm

Probably the wrong thread for your problem. I'm sure a Mod will move it an appropriate problem thread later...

Ok, to solve this try connecting your H60 to a direct psu cable with a fan power adapter. You can also use a splitter so the speed sensor lead goes to the appropriate pin on the motherboard. If you don't have such a thing perhaps try a basic air-cooler to get you up and running. I know "k" series CPUs don't come with one but a basic one should do it.

The reason I say the above is because it kind of sounds as though the motherboard can't deliver enough power to the fan header.

You're right not to experiment without any cooling for more than a few seconds! Even booting to BIOS will send it sky-high.
:)

Hi

Many thanks for any help

Norm
moved to hardware troubleshooting

Probably the wrong thread for your problem. I'm sure a Mod will move it an appropriate problem thread later...

Ok, to solve this try connecting your H60 to a direct psu cable with a fan power adapter. You can also use a splitter so the speed sensor lead goes to the appropriate pin on the motherboard. If you don't have such a thing perhaps try a basic air-cooler to get you up and running. I know "k" series CPUs don't come with one but a basic one should do it.

The reason I say the above is because it kind of sounds as though the motherboard can't deliver enough power to the fan header.

You're right not to experiment without any cooling for more than a few seconds! Even booting to BIOS will send it sky-high.

Thanks for the reply. Looking at Cosair info the current draw is around 0.34A @12V so way below the limit or 12W of the motherboard
It's a standard 3 pin fan connector - thought this would be plug and play as it was on the list of high compatibility parts - I guess the pump is broken?

Thanks for the reply. Looking at Cosair info the current draw is around 0.34A @12V so way below the limit or 12W of the motherboard
It's a standard 3 pin fan connector - thought this would be plug and play as it was on the list of high compatibility parts - I guess the pump is broken?

Well that's a good point. If you could give it direct power from the supply that would tell you if it's working.

Check in your BIOS under health etc. It should show temps and fan/pump speeds. I know that's still risky if you have no active cooling. So perhaps pick up an air-cooler etc. to test more.

As I understand it 3-pin doesn't allow pwm speed control, only speed monitoring. 4-pin gives the board full control.

My motherboard and fans all came with molex power to 3-pin adapters. You could try one of those if you got them too.

By the way, very impressed you managed to get water-cooling into that neat little case. Amazing!:thumbup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back