Intel i5-7400
Graphics
1050Ti 4GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Windows Phone
Hey there, I recently took the plunge and decided to build a hackintosh to replace my old faithful 2009 Mac Pro. While it's gone mostly smooth I'm still having a few snags that I'd like to work out before transferring my work across from my old Mac, and was hoping I could tap into the collective knowledge of you guys here.

My setup is as follows:

MSI H270M Arctic Mortar
Intel i5-7400
EVGA GTX 1050Ti
Fenvi T-919 WiFi card

While it's mostly working, I'm currently trying to sort out my audio, currently I have followed the instructions at:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/before-you-install-audio-desktop-realtek-applehda-guide.219810/

Doing so shown audio options in my System preferences for Line-out, line in and optical out (although my motherboard doesn't have optical out). None of these settings would actually produce audio from either the front or back speaker/headphone outputs. Also when I tried to open a video (such as on YouTube) the video would not play at all, and would constantly load, before following the instructions the video would appear to play just without audio.

I then followed a suggestion on another thread to try and install VoodooHDA-2.8.8, which allowed me to get audio through HDMI to my monitor. However this appears to have introduced a quiet "popping" noise to some sounds (although this could just be the terrible built in speakers) and has replaced my previous audio output options in System Preferences with 9 'Digital-out (HDMI) options, with only one actually outputting audio.

View media item 189455
After spending a couple of days looking around for answers, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not 100% sure of what I should be asking. I was hoping that someone out there may have come across a similar issue, or know where I should look.

As always, thank you for any help you can offer!

Doing so shown audio options in my System preferences for Line-out, line in and optical out (although my motherboard doesn't have optical out). None of these settings would actually produce audio from either the front or back speaker/headphone outputs. Also when I tried to open a video (such as on YouTube) the video would not play at all, and would constantly load, before following the instructions the video would appear to play just without audio.
macOS/10.12 does not support Kaby Lake audio; see Quick Fix: 200 Series/Kaby Lake Audio

@toleda Thanks for the clarification, any idea if this is something likely to change in the future with High Sierra?

@toleda That's great to hear, just need to wait for NVIDIA drivers for 10.13 before trying it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back