Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Trouble with a BCM43224 on El Capitan + Clover [fixed MASSIVE typo]

EDIT: I'm an idiot. It's a BCM43224, not a BCM943224. It's still not working, though.

I just did a clean install of El Capitan + Clover, on a machine that was previously running Mavericks + Chameleon, and now I can't get the WiFi to work. It worked fine under Mavericks using toledaARPT.kext. Since installing El Capitan, I've tried multiple methods from the main PCIe half-mini thread, but none of them have worked — the only interface showing up in the Network pref pane is the ethernet. toledaARPT.kext does not work when installed to /System/Library/Extensions, /Library/Extensions, or to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 on the EFI partition. I kept the patched DSDT.aml I was using with Mavericks + Chameleon, patched it as per toleda's repo and installed it to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched on the EFI partition, but that didn't do anything. It's a whitelisted card that's supposedly supported out-of-box (BCM943224), so unless I'm reading the thread wrong, the info.plist edit doesn't apply.

I'm at a loss about what else to try. Any ideas? Is there some obvious step I've missed along the way?

The motherboard is an ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe, running the latest firmware. I am not using the NIC it came with — I took it out and installed a *BCM43224* (dev ID 4353) in order to get WiFi working in Mavericks. I'm running OS X 10.11 El Capitan as downloaded from the App Store and installed via UniBeast 6.0. I'm running Clover v2.3k r3270. I have not configured a custom SMBIOS — I tried to via Clover Configurator, but it wouldn't boot afterward, so I reverted. My CPU is an i5 3570K (Ivy Bridge) and I'm using a GTX 960 (running nVidia's web drivers, as it's not supported natively). More specific info, config files, etc. available upon request.

UPDATE: Using a patched DSDT.aml gets the card to show up in System Profiler, but it says there is no driver installed for it. Any ideas? (Shouldn't this card work out of the box? Why would it say there's no driver installed?)

Screenshot of System Profiler:
Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 10.50.24 PM.png

OK, installing those kexts now gets System Profiler to say that there is a driver present for the card:
Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 9.29.28 AM.png

But, it doesn't show up as a connection option under System Preferences > Network:
Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 9.29.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 9.30.00 AM.png

Again, this card worked perfectly in Mavericks with a patched DSDT and toledaARPT.text. I feel like I'm missing something very obvious here. Is there a specific SMBIOS I should be using? A bunch of my back USB 2.0 ports aren't working and I haven't tried fixing them yet — might that have anything to do with it?

OK, installing those kexts now gets System Profiler to say that there is a driver present for the card:
View attachment 155055

But, it doesn't show up as a connection option under System Preferences > Network:
View attachment 155057
View attachment 155058

Again, this card worked perfectly in Mavericks with a patched DSDT and toledaARPT.text. I feel like I'm missing something very obvious here. Is there a specific SMBIOS I should be using? A bunch of my back USB 2.0 ports aren't working and I haven't tried fixing them yet — might that have anything to do with it?

No DSDT patch needed. And toledaARPT.kext will conflict.

No DSDT patch needed. And toledaARPT.kext will conflict.
I uninstalled toledaARPT.kext before posting this thread, when it became clear that it wasn't working. But, if I remove my DSDT from /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, System Profiler thinks there aren't any PCI devices present at all. (And the WiFi still doesn't work, naturally.)

I uninstalled toledaARPT.kext before posting this thread, when it became clear that it wasn't working. But, if I remove my DSDT from /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, System Profiler thinks there aren't any PCI devices present at all. (And the WiFi still doesn't work, naturally.)

PCI devices in System Information don't matter. It is cosmetic only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back