Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
CPU
Core i7 6700K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hi there!

Trying to get my macOS Sierra Hackintosh running smoothly on integrated graphics on my 6700K (Intel HD Graphics 530) and Z170XP-SLI.

I've been running a GTX 1080 for about 4 years and had everything working perfectly. However, I don't need the graphics power anymore so I'm looking to sell the 1080 and keep the system running on integrated graphics. I now have the system running OK on the HD 530 integrated graphics with only two issues:

1. I cannot get my integrated graphics HDMI output from my motherboard to wake from sleep (I have to restart after sleep to get my display output back from motherboard HDMI). My clover config.plist is attached. I see there's a check-box for UseIntelHDMI, would this fix my sleep/wake problem? Any other suggestions?
2. I use an ultrawide monitor running at 3440x1440 resolution. My motherboard (Z170XP-SLI) supports HDMI 1.4 which should be able to push 3440x1440 at 50hz but OSX is limiting my output to 30hz over HDMI (refresh rate drop-down is greyed-out). Is there any way to force OSX to push 50hz over my integrated graphics?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

Cheers,
Lucasloud

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 107
If you are using WhateverGreen.kext to assist your IGPU you might want to have a read of the General Recommendations section in the WEG FAQ Manual - https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

1. You don't need the nv_disable=1 or -wegnoegpu boot arguments if the GTX 1080 has been removed from the system.
  2. You might want to try adding the -cdfon boot argument to your config, while you are fixing your graphics boot argument entries.
  3. You should not be using a Fake ID for the Intel IGPU.
  4. You should be injecting the correct framebuffer settings for your HD 530 IGPU.
    • Sky Lake Intel HD Graphics 530 Device Properties - PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
      • AAPL,ig-platform-id: 00001219
      • framebuffer-patch-enable: 01000000
      • framebuffer-stolenmem: 00003001
  5. You should not be using InjectIntel=true or an ig-platform-id in the Clover Graphics section, if you are using WhateverGreen.kext.
The rest of your config.plist is not much better than the graphics aspects, which to be honest are a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back