1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My specs:
Asus P8Z77-V
Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC
G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB DDR3-1600
128GB Crucial M4

I've successfully installed Mountain Lion (10.8.3) using a patched BIOS and Unibeast, and configured Mulitbeast with the following settings:
BvD336Z.jpg

Now whenever I try to boot from the SSD, I keep getting this:
Boot0: GPT
Boot0: Test
Boot0: Done

I've been trying all kinds of possible solutions for the past several hours, and nothing has worked.
I tried both methods from this guide
Also this (which I believe should accomplish the exact same thing)
I've tried erasing via Disk Utility on the Unibeast USB, reformatting, and reinstalling more times than I'd like to admit.
I've tried cleaning the Disk using diskpart in Windows 7, then reformatting and reinstalling with Unibeast
I've tried reinstalling Chimera over and over with no luck.

I just don't know what else to try. Any ideas?

Thanks!

My specs:
Asus P8Z77-V
Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC
G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB DDR3-1600
128GB Crucial M4

I've successfully installed Mountain Lion (10.8.3) using a patched BIOS and Unibeast, and configured Mulitbeast with the following settings:
View attachment 50037

Now whenever I try to boot from the SSD, I keep getting this:
Boot0: GPT
Boot0: Done

I've been trying all kinds of possible solutions for the past several hours, and nothing has worked.
I tried both methods from this guide
Also this (which I believe should accomplish the exact same thing)
I've tried erasing via Disk Utility on the Unibeast USB, reformatting, and reinstalling more times than I'd like to admit.
I've tried cleaning the Disk using diskpart in Windows 7, then reformatting and reinstalling with Unibeast
I've tried reinstalling Chimera over and over with no luck.

I just don't know what else to try. Any ideas?

Thanks!

It is possible you did the boot0 fix incorrectly. What is your complete setup as far as HDD/SSD, and partitions.
The guide you linked assumes one disk and one HFS+ partition on that disk. Anything different and you have to adjust accordingly...

It is possible you did the boot0 fix incorrectly. What is your complete setup as far as HDD/SSD, and partitions.
The guide you linked assumes one disk and one HFS+ partition on that disk. Anything different and you have to adjust accordingly...

When I installed, the ssd was the only drive plugged in, and I just partitioned it through Disk Utility by choosing 1 partition formatted in Mac OSX Extended (Journaled) set to a GUID partition table.

When attempting the fix(es), I made sure I was targeting the right disk (the partition on the SSD I am trying to boot from) by checking using diskutil list.

When I installed, the ssd was the only drive plugged in, and I just partitioned it through Disk Utility by choosing 1 partition formatted in Mac OSX Extended (Journaled) set to a GUID partition table.

When attempting the fix(es), I made sure I was targeting the right disk (the partition on the SSD I am trying to boot from) by checking using diskutil list.

And then after you did that, you still had the boot0 error, or was there some other boot problem??

And then after you did that, you still had the boot0 error, or was there some other boot problem??

I keep getting the same exact error.

I keep getting the same exact error.

Try with only one disk installed, just to be sure you're applying the fix to the right disk/partition. Then DO NOT connect any other drives and test.

Also when you do the 'dd' try using /dev/rdisk0s2 (instead of /dev/disk0s2).

Try with only one disk installed, just to be sure you're applying the fix to the right disk/partition. Then DO NOT connect any other drives and test.

Also when you do the 'dd' try using /dev/rdisk0s2 (instead of /dev/disk0s2).

I haven't had any other drives connected throughout this whole endeavor.
I just tried your other suggestion with no luck either. :/

I haven't had any other drives connected throughout this whole endeavor.
I just tried your other suggestion with no luck either. :/

One thing that is kind of strange ... and makes me think it is some kind of BIOS issue/setting or SSD firmware issue is that the Crucial M4 is NOT a 4k device in the first place, so it doesn't suffer from the "classic boot0" problem (unless newer M4s are different from the one I have...).

The boot0 error results from the stage0 Chimera boot loader (boot0, or boot0md) not being able to find a disk with a bootable partition that has boot1h on it. So, it could be the BIOS is not enumerating drives properly (which could be a setting, or a BIOS update...)

Also, check that your M4 has the latest firmware.

Off to class now, so I'll check the firmware when I get back.

Could this be an issue with the SATA port I'm using? I believe it's plugged in to a third-party SATA 6GBS port. Should I try again using a different one?

Also, I've actually had this drive working before on 10.8.2, but I ran into problems and just decided to reinstall when 10.8.3 came out and HD7xxx support was added.

Off to class now, so I'll check the firmware when I get back.

Could this be an issue with the SATA port I'm using? I believe it's plugged in to a third-party SATA 6GBS port. Should I try again using a different one?

Could be. Seems strange BIOS could load stage0 (boot0/boot0md) from that port, but then stage0 can't find the partition with boot1h it using BIOS routines...

I would try one of the main Intel ports...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back