Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M DS3H
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
RX 580
First time Hackintosher and I’m stuck. Following the Mojave install instructions and everything worked up to where the Mojave installer rebooted for the first time. After selecting the USB key and choosing the Mojave Installer on my SSD to continue the install, the system shows a Mojave install screen and says 15 min remaining. After about 30 seconds it reboots again and the loop continues. It doesn’t complete the install, instead rebooting after approx 30 seconds. Any ideas? Thank you.

@ohfox75, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

I have the same problem if anyone could help be much appreciated. Same specs as OP

I have the same problem if anyone could help be much appreciated. Same specs as OP
Any luck? The suggested thread didn’t really help me. I’m going to try connecting to the built in video instead of the PCIe, and I’ll try disconnecting the Windows drive although I doubt that’s related.

No Luck at all.. Tried using different config files too with no luck. gonna keep playing, let me know if you have any luck

No Luck at all.. Tried using different config files too with no luck. gonna keep playing, let me know if you have any luck
Luck plays no part whatsoever.

You should start a new thread of your own instead of hijacking this one.

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

ok, he asked if I had any luck so I responded sure I'll create a new thread asking the exact same question and i'll update my Profile with the exact same specs. thanks for your help kind sir.

Any luck? The suggested thread didn’t really help me. I’m going to try connecting to the built in video instead of the PCIe, and I’ll try disconnecting the Windows drive although I doubt that’s related.
Unexpected reboots (kernel panics) on second stage are often solved on recent Gigabyte motherboards with:

1. OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 instead of AptioMemoryFix
2. Enable “slide=0” in Boot section (if you get randomseed, runtime area, or other errors at boot, disable slide=0 and try again)
3. Start without EmuVariable. If restart/shutdown don’t work, only then add this
4. Include the “Change SAT0 to SATA” patch in ACPI section
5. Make sure the USB Port Limit patch for your particular version of Mojave is included in Kernel and Kext Patches section
6. In Devices section, look for USB along the top and check “FixOwnership”
7. In ACPI check “FixHeaders” near bottom left
8. Insert USB install disk in a black USB 2.0 port

OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 is available from Bullet #3 here:
https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/

Your particular combination of hardware may or may not work with these suggestion. RX 580 cards by XFX, for example, might need to be disconnected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back