Microsoft Surface Laptop 3
CPU
i7-1065G7
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone, hope someone can help me out

I'm trying to instal High Sierra to my Dell Precision T3610, reach the installer but restarts after 1%

Tried boot flags:

1 dart=0 nv_disable=1 - reaches applle logo but restarts after 1% of loading bar

2 -v drat=0 nv_disable=1 - loads a bunch of stuff then restarts

3 -v -s -x -f nv_disable=1 cpus=1 - loads a bunch of stuff then restarts

4, 5, 6... tried different flags but no success

This are the specs:

Dell Precision T3610 Desktop

-Intel Xeon E5-1650 V2 Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz Max 3.9MHz 6-core 12-threads 12MB Cache
-16GB 14900R DDR3-1866MHz
-Intel 480GB SSD (Windows)
-1TB HDD (backups)
-500GB HDD (for hackintosh)
-Nvidia Quadro K2000 GPU 2GB
-Bios Revision A18

Thanks in advance

You ever get anywhere with this? I was going to pick one up for cheap. In theory, the CPU/chipset matches the trash can Mac Pro. Maybe it's the Quadro? I have a few Radeon cards laying around I might try instead of the K2000.

Any progress yet on the High Sierra install on a Dell T3610 with the E5-1650?

I was able to boot and install Catalina on mine using:

-v dart=0 darkwake=0 npci=0x2000 cpus=1 nvda_drv1 kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=4

I'm on the same BIOS revision, have a K2000, 64GB of memory, and the E5-2670 CPU.

@csrtrouse: i have also the same setup, now with a Quadro K2000 but i´m still getting the banned sign. i´ve tried your boot options but it wont get further. Did you do anything else specific to get the install going?

Thanks in advance.

Which BIOS settings are you using? Are you booting legacy or UEFI?

Yes, booting UEFI and followed some guides to disable in bios, like USB3 and Virtualization, fast boot, Sata in AHCI mode, secure boot all disabled.
Tried different USB ports nothing works, it seems that all power is cut from the usb´s at that time, even the keyboard and mouse are dead at that time...

I see now that my CPU is E5-1607.... if thats of any importance

Last edited:
Have you tried using a USB 2.0 drive plugged directly into the motherboard? That's what I had the best luck with in terms of reliability. Also, turning the serial port off seems to have made a difference. My GPU is in the top slot. I used iMac14,2 at first and then switched to MacPro6,1 once I figured out which patches would allow me to see what's going on without an iGPU.

THe Serial ports are off, and my GPU is also in the top slot (The blue one) and changed SMBIos to Mac 6,1

So here´s what i did, after a lot of fails, i took a sata drive and formatet for 40Gb and with unibeast, created an uefi boot, exactly like an usb drive. Connected it with sata cables and now it boots ok from the disk. So now i see the Language setup page but all USB is dead so my mouse and keyboard are dead, even tried to switch ports but it does not work. After a while the computer shuts down as no input is generated from mouse or keyboard in the setup page.

I chose USB injection but still nothing with the USB ports.... did you also had a lot of trouble with USB?

Thanks/Marius

USB worked fine with 2.0 devices. I still haven't gotten the Renesas XHCI controller to work. Have you tried the USB port on the motherboard? I'll try and upload the EFI files to my Github repo for the T3610 sometime today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back