Trouble Installing Big Sur - Z97 Haswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus XIII Hero
CPU
i9-11900k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 3080ti (win) // RX580 (macOS)
Hi, I'm having trouble getting Big Sur installed so I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction or at least give me some insight. I've been running an installation of OSX High Sierra (10.13.6) for a few years now and that has run flawlessly (Custom SSDT, kexts, patches, etc..) but I would like to install Big Sur to a separate SSD that I have instead of upgrading my current install.

I obtained a copy of Big Sur via the AppStore on my 2017 MacBookPro then followed the Big Sur installation guide to create my USB, however, when I attempt to install Big Sur via Clover (booting from USB directly just doesn't even launch) the Apple logo appears and my system just hangs. When I launch it with verbose flag (-v), I get a read out that I can't really decipher. I have attached a screen shot of the log that appears so hopefully someone understands what it says.

I've tried a variation of different BIOS settings from posts I've researched online but nothing has helped. Currently I'm running settings that align with what is in the Catalina installation guide. I've tried disabling all my kexts, patches, and flags via the Clover screen before trying to boot the installation as well. I can also post my current config.plist if that might help.

Setup:

Current OS:
High Sierra (10.13.6)
Bootloader: Clover - 5131
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Hero VII - Z97 | Bios Rev: 3201
CPU: Intel i7-4790K - Haswell
RAM: 32gb DDR3-2133 Corsair Dominator Platinum
GPU: ASUS Strix Nvidia GTX 1080
USB Key for install: Sandisk cruzer 64gb

0F2D5CE7-5A4C-4006-A805-1DBCBB3A79AAIMG_0876.jpeg

I got it working. It was an issue with how I created my bootable USB installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back