Contribute
Register

Trouble in Mavericks with no -v -x params | Z97N-WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a AMD/ATI 6450 on the shelf and used it in a H97N-WIFI system. Works great to get the system running. I'm now using dual monitors with HD4600 (on-board graphics) after using toleda's modified Azul's kext and his graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-d-90_patch.command.

tomorrow i'll try with a very old graphic card (guess is a hd2400pro) and i hope it will work. Storkwhat do you suggest to do with my current situation?

If i can't buy a new discrete card should i wait for new kexts or patches?

Hang in there. I'm gonna do a fresh install tomorrow to start from scratch so I can complete my build description or a guide for H/Z97N-WIFI motherboards. I'll see if I can do it w/o using a graphics card.

Discrete graphics card.

After installing an HD2400Pro the setup booted properly without panics (but @ 1280x1024 because it hasn't HDMI but only DVI), and I completed the install without problems and without ACPI freezes, on the next reboot Mavericks does panic with this screen

IMG_20140621_104128.jpg

After installing the GPU I disabled the IGFX and I selected PCie1

Antivirusvivente,
I did the fresh install without using a graphics card successfully. I'll post a guide in the Mavericks Desktop Guides within 24 hours.

The 9-series motherboards/chipset are not yet supported in Mavericks because Apple has yet to make a computer with the 9-series chipset. So, we're having to pat our head with one hand and rub our stomach with the other. :lol:

Update: See http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ifi-using-hd4600-no-graphics-card-needed.html

Antivirusvivente,
I did the fresh install without using a graphics card successfully. I'll post a guide in the Mavericks Desktop Guides within 24 hours.

The 9-series motherboards/chipset are not yet supported in Mavericks because Apple has yet to make a computer with the 9-series chipset. So, we're having to pat our head with one hand and rub our stomach with the other. :lol:

Update: See http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ifi-using-hd4600-no-graphics-card-needed.html

Thank you Stork, i'll take a look and i'll try your guide as soon as I can!

EDIT: Everything works properly, the only two things that doesn't work are Shutdown and Reboot. The system closes itself but the devices still stay powered on (like CPU fans, hard drives, SSDs and moreover), so if I need to shutdown, I have to keep pressed the power button for 5 secs and then wait the power goes off, same thing for rebooting..

Thank you Stork, i'll take a look and i'll try your guide as soon as I can!

EDIT: Everything works properly, the only two things that doesn't work are Shutdown and Reboot. The system closes itself but the devices still stay powered on (like CPU fans, hard drives, SSDs and moreover), so if I need to shutdown, I have to keep pressed the power button for 5 secs and then wait the power goes off, same thing for rebooting..

Anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back