Contribute
Register

Trouble Getting into bios for Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H & USB 3.0 Front-Panel Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
Radeon 5450 PCIe 2GB
After upgrading my hackintosh to Yosemite, I lost the front panel USB 3.0 ports on my CPU.

While researching fixes to do resolve this issue, in the Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H bios I accidentally turned off USB 2.0 support.

I've been able to use the CPU through the 2 USB 3.0 ports (and hubs).

But when I have a keyboard plugged into the USB 3.0 port and hitting the delete key, I still cannot get into the bios. I've tried multiple USB keyboards with no luck.

Any suggestions - short of trying a PS2 keyboard (which I don't own - yet at least) to get into the bios through the USB 3.0 port and secondly if there's a fix to turn on the front panel USB 3.0 ports that I lost after upgrading to Yosemite.

Reset the CMOS settings.

Remove the power lead then remove the chrome coin shaped battery from the motherboard for a few seconds. reinstall the battery, insert the power lead and switch on.

Your BIOS should be reset to defaults.

Hi Pilgrim,

Thank you for the reply and the fix!

USB 2.0 ports back on so good to go there.

I'll keep scouring the forums for a fix for the front panel USB 3.0 ports not working (unless you happen to no a fix for that too?!?

Thanks either way!!

Hi Pilgrim,

Thank you for the reply and the fix!

USB 2.0 ports back on so good to go there.

I'll keep scouring the forums for a fix for the front panel USB 3.0 ports not working (unless you happen to no a fix for that too?!?

Thanks either way!!

You could try this :

Delete any existing copies of GenericUSBXHCI.kext from /System/Library/Extensions.

Download Rehabman's version from Here.

Place the downloaded GenericUSBXHCI.kext on the desktop.

Download KextBeast from Here.

Run KextBeast to install GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Restart

Hi Pilgrim-

Thanks again for the tip. I actually tried that a few months back without any luck (and just reinstalled the kext to see if anything had changed).

Unfortunately didn't fix it for me.

The search continues!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back