i7-7700
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
When I run Clover v2.4 r4674 after a successful copy of Mojave to the USB I'm not getting a EFI partition on the USB drive. When is the EFI partition created? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I had a similar issue when I made a USB Installer for High Sierra. The issue was that when I formatted the USB Stick it didn't format it correctly as "GUID Partition Map". So when I would install Clover it installed directly on the main partition but not the EFI Partition.

So did you format your USB Stick correctly? Did you mount the EFI Partition (with Terminal or Clover Configurator or EFI Mounter)?

Thanks for the help! When I run Disk Util there is no problem locating the USB drive. But there isn't a choice for GUID Partition Map. I'll try formatting the USB with Terminal. Funny I had zero issues with High Sierra. Guess this is karma...

Thanks for the help! When I run Disk Util there is no problem locating the USB drive. But there isn't a choice for GUID Partition Map.
You probably selected the volume instead of the device.
Go into the Disk Utility, press View > Show All Devices

in clover choose first option "clover for efi booting only"

in clover choose first option "clover for efi booting only"
Did that. But still loading the in the same place as Mojave install on USB drive. When I open Clover and go to mount the drives the only one is my desktop SSD drive. The USB is listed above but not as EFI.

Did that. But still loading the in the same place as Mojave install on USB drive. When I open Clover and go to mount the drives the only one is my desktop SSD drive. The USB is listed above but not as EFI.

this means your usb wasnt correctly formatted, the efi drive should be available whether u used clover or not, clover simply put some files on it but if the dirver it self is not there then you should reformat the usb properly.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-create-a-macos-mojave-public-beta-installation-usb.254626/

This needs to be clarified better in the install guides - you will see it is mentioned under troubleshooting for the older version of unibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back