Graphics
AMD 5750
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I don't quite understand why, but I am unable to boot OSX from Chameleon on the hard drive, but my iboot supported disk does it fine. Also, I am dual booting so I followed Tony's guide on partitioning and installing, and Windows 7 boots just fine, from the iboot disk or from the hard drive.

STEP 5: INSTALL CHAMELEON TO SNOW LEOPARD PARTITION
If you haven't already installed Chameleon to your Snow Leopard drive, do so now. If you followed any of my guides, this step will be unnecessary.
Using MultiBeast+the DSDT for my mobo, I didn't do that step at first and went to make OSX active, but I got the "Loading Operating System..." screen and it wouldn't load Chameleon from my hard drive. So I went back to the step above to install it. Now Chameleon loads from my hard drive, and can boot Windows 7 but NOT OSX, like I said before. All OSX does when I boot it is show a bunch of text stating what it's loading and then it restarts. Same thing when I use safe mode(-x).

Also, my PS/2 keyboard won't work immediately when I boot into OSX, so I have to unplug/replug it in. Is there a solution to that?

EDIT(To include detail from the latest post): As for my problem booting OSX from the HDD. What I noticed was that when I used the "tonymacx86-snowleopard.zip" it came with Chameleon 2.0 RC3, and PC EFI 10.5(Because of the logo)? I think. So after that, I went to check MultiBeast and it had newer versions, Chameleon 2.0 RC4 and PC EFI 10.6. So I proceeded to install again, and now I think my PC EFI is 10.6 because the logo changed to an apple rather than the PCEFI 105 logo, BUT Chameleon still reports itself as Chameleon 2.0 RC3. Oh, and I still can't boot OSX without the iBoot Supported disk. Windows still boots fine.

Just tried the VoodooPS2 Driver and it didn't seem to work after install and reboot. I still had to unplug/replug the keyboard. The boot issue is more of a problem to me though.

megamanzen said:
Just tried the VoodooPS2 Driver and it didn't seem to work after install and reboot. I still had to unplug/replug the keyboard. The boot issue is more of a problem to me though.
are you using PS2 Keyboard? Dont use Voodoo PS2 driver, use attachment below..

1. delete Voodoo PS2 Keyboard from your Extra/Extensions folder
2. and place the ApplePS2Controller.kext (see attachment below) to that folder..
3. Open Multibeast, and use System Utiilities (Rebuild Caches & Repair Permissions)
4. Reboot
5. and BOOM !! your ps2 keyboard is works perfect

works for me ;)

Attachments

• ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip
    289.9 KB · Views: 89
No luck on the ApplePS2Controller.kext. I tried another keyboard with no "multimedia" keys as well. Either way, I can still use a keyboard as long as I unplug/replug... What an odd problem really. Perhaps I should just find/buy/use a USB keyboard when I get the chance.

As for my problem booting OSX from the HDD. What I noticed was that when I used the "tonymacx86-snowleopard.zip" it came with Chameleon 2.0 RC3, and PC EFI 10.5? I think. So after that, I went to check MultiBeast and it had newer versions, Chameleon 2.0 RC4 and PC EFI 10.6. So I proceeded to install again, and now I think my PC EFI is 10.6 because the logo changed to an apple rather than the PCEFI 105 logo, BUT Chameleon still reports itself as Chameleon 2.0 RC3. Oh, and I still can't boot OSX without the iBoot Supported disk. Windows still boots fine. I will amend my first post with this detail.

megamanzen said:
Oh, and I still can't boot OSX without the iBoot Supported disk. Windows still boots fine. I will amend my first post with this detail.
I posted in the MultiBeast thread, but I have the same issue.. :thumbdown:
/edit: it was fixed after updating from 1.6 to 1.6.3

Cont3stant said:
Err... Updating what from 1.6 to 1.6.3?

Cont3stant said:
megamanzen said:
Cont3stant said:
Err... Updating what from 1.6 to 1.6.3?
Snow Leopard :lol:
I'mma point out that you said 1.6.3 rather than 10.6.3.

Aside from that, I already did the combo update then used Multibeast and it still can't boot OSX from the HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back