Contribute
Register

Trouble Booting into Mavericks + My Install So Far GA-Z77X-UD5H | i7 3770 | GTX570

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GeForce GTX 570 1280MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Trouble Booting into Mavericks + My Install So Far GA-Z77X-UD5H | i7 3770 | GTX570 - UPDATE SUCCESS!

Hello,

I have been attempting to install Mavericks on my machine. I've had a Hackintosh for 2 years now, but it was built by a friend - this is my first time attempting an upgrade. My setup is

GA-Z77X-UD5H - i7 3770 3.39 GHz - 16GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - GTX 570 1280MB

And my primary use for this computer is as a Video Editor, mostly using Adobe CC Software

- - - Installation - - -
I ran into some problems early on with getting into the install screen. While trying to simply upgrade Mavericks from Lion, I could use any number and combination of boot commands and I would not get to the install screen. When I repartitioned a separate drive to install onto - I had to use the following commands to get to the install screen:

-v, -x, GraphicsEnabler=Yes

So I was able to install after that. I should note, I also had to change a few BIOS settings before this would happen which include

EHCI Hand-off: Enabled (was previously disabled)
XHCI: Auto (was previously Smart Auto)
Wake on LAN: Disabled

- - - Post-Installation - - -
I finally got through an install and had to figure out how to get into my Installed OS. I had to use the same boot commands as mentioned above. I got in and setup Multibeast based on several other computers that had similar specs (same motherboard at least). Here are my settings, pre-install:

Multibeast_SetUp_1.jpg

When I restarted, I couldn't boot up and had to (again) use the -v, -x, GraphicsEnabler=Yes in order to boot. I also wanted to test what was working and what wasn't

USB3.0 - Working
USB2.0 - Working
eSata
(via on Motherboard) - Working
App Store - Working
iTunes
(including Match) - Working
Mail - Working
Wireless - Working

eSata Card - Not Working
(Rosewill eSata II 2 Port Card - RC219 - working on Lion. USB3.0 did not work on my Lion install so I needed this for having Multiple Drives to edit on. Would love to find a way to have this still usable incase something happens with USB3.0 down the road)
iMessage
Audio - Audio isn't working out of the computer - but with a USB Stick, works fine

Everything else appears to be working fine on the computer. I haven't yet installed Adobe to make sure those are working, but this is where I'm at currently and am trying to, at the very least, be able to Boot into Mavericks without needing the Boot Commands. Anyone else having an issue with booting into Mavericks or have solutions? Any help, for any of these, is appreciated. Will update as I move forward.

Trouble Booting into Mavericks + My Install So Far GA-Z77X-UD5H | i7 3770 | GTX570 | UPDATE: SUCCESS

Hey all,

I have successfully updated to Mavericks. Here are the Multibeast settings that have it booting without boot commands...

Multibeast_Setup_9.jpg

The only issues I was having at that point, were Audio/iMessage/Rosewill eSata Card didn't work.

First: Rosewill eSata - Solution: I didn't install the driver! :lol: So...Yeah, it seems to be working fine now

iMessage: I was able to fix this following the guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage-63.html and my issue ended up needing Step 5. I followed it closely and am now using iMessage in the background as I type this.

Audio: Still not fixed but it's working off a USB to Audio stick so...I'm fine with that.

All in all, everything seems to be working fine. I was even able to install the latest Nvidia Update and it seems to be working fine. Will update if anything comes up with the build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back