Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel Core i7-7500U / i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD620 / AMD Radeon HD7770
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've spent ages trying to figure this one out, have searched the forums, tried the SSDT + kext patch method outlined in a few different posts, have tried a number of BIOS settings... but nothing I try is enabling my CPU's frequency to go past 3.4GHz. I've got an i7-3770 which can turbo boost to 3.9GHz, so I'd like to take advantage of this! In the 'About This Mac' I get 3.39GHz and never anything greater. Please can someone tell me if I've missed anything, or if there's anything else I can try?

Cheers for the reply! Yes I've read that whole thread, but will go back over it to see if I've missed anything. I didn't really understand RehabMan's answer to your question tbh. One thing I've noticed is that at the 10.1 stage 'Console/Search: XCPM', I get no results, despite following the instructions to the letter. Any ideas?

I also get no result for the for the console search of XCPM... If your having troubles, I suggest you create all the 'problem reporting' files as toleda and RehabMan are great at helping and getting things going for you.

Even without the XCPM return via the console search, I have been told that my CPU PM is working.. I did the same process on another identical Hack and was able to get it working (dropped from constant 3.4GHz to an average of 2GHz and the turbo kicks in correctly. Although on this 'other' hack the AICPUPMI, returns 16-39, where as on my personal Hack Ive only seen up through 37.. YMMV..

Finally managed to get it working... just needed to add the -xcpm bootflag in Chameleon, must have totally missed that trick when trawling through the guides before! My CPU is now boosting up to 3.9GHz when necessary...this is reported in both Intel Power Gadget and HWMonitor. My Geekbench score has also improved. :headbang:

One thing... in About This Mac, it's still showing as 3.39. Is there anything I can do to change this, or will it always show as this despite Turbo Boost? Doesn't matter as I know it won't affect performance, would just like to see it change for cosmetic reasons! :)

I know you can manually make it show what you want. Both of my systems report their base clock of 3.4 and 3.5 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back