CPU graphic
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I was able to tripple boot my computer which is preinstalled with window 7 and Ubuntu. I chose another drive to install Lion 10.7.2 . I don't use all my 2 TB hd only for lion. I formatted my hard drive and created one partition about 500GB and keep other space free in Disk Utility. It is important not to format other drive with FAT -32 because Lion intends to create a hidden partition for recovery. I didn't realize first time. And when I tried to install Lion , I was told Lion can't create a recovery feature.

My custom build is

CPU --------Core I5 2500k
motherboard ------GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 with intel
Two hard drive ---- WD and HITACHI
memory ---------- 6GB

I wasn't careful enough to look at Beelzebozo's tutorial about multibeast. So every time after my multibeast installation, I reboot wasn't successful. So I tried twice and later I was about to give up but I saw Beelzebozo's walk through tutorial and my DSDT.aml was successful eventually. My bios version is F6. My bios setting is

1. Load optimized defaults ( yes) (I think this should be done first. If not, it would change your later setting.)
2. Change hard drive to AHIC
3. HPET to 64-bit mode

For some reasons, I couldn't choose USB-HDD for usb boot. If I choose USB-HDD, Lion didn't boot properly and I just saw an apple logo and it stopped and had frozen there. It couldn't go any further. So I have to choose USB-ZIP drive for my first boot or press F-12 to get a boot menu.

Later I chose the boot priority to the hard drive with lion and it shows all boot setting. Thanks Tony ! Thanks Beelzebozo! And thanks you all. :thumbup:
Merry Christmas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back