Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i7-2600
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi gang, and maybe specifically redshift82r, since I hear he is the resident 6850 expert on here. I have a very vanilla install of Yosemite which, without any kexts or video drivers, has worked wonderfully with my triple monitor setup... mostly. What happens though, is that the monitor on the far left, which is plugged into the DVI-D port of the card, will go snowy all of a sudden. Most of the time I can just power off the monitor and back on and it fixes it, but sometimes even after doing that it goes back to snow within a couple seconds. It's more annoying than anything, but I'd love to fix it.

Motherboard: ASUS E8533_P8Z77-V_LX
Graphics: Gigabyte GV-R685OC-1GD
Monitors: (3) Samsung E2420L

Graphics ports using: DVI-I, DVI-D, Display Port

Followup, I know this card is nothing special by today's standards. Is it better to just upgrade to a different chipset or something? Still wouldn't want anything more than like $120 since I don't need performance really.

Attachments

• IMG_4486.jpg
    IMG_4486.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4487.jpg
    IMG_4487.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
BUMP. No ideas from anyone? I tried PMing redshift82r but apparently I don't have enough posts to allow pm'ing. Grrr.

ANY help here would be awesome. Thanks guys!

Did you solve this in the end? Back in the day the DVI-D port used to be a no-go. I've just tried mine with the Bulrushes frame buffer and it doesn't show anything after boot. I can't remember any joy with Duckweed as a frame buffer either.

You might have better luck using the hdmi port.

Did you solve this in the end? Back in the day the DVI-D port used to be a no-go. I've just tried mine with the Bulrushes frame buffer and it doesn't show anything after boot. I can't remember any joy with Duckweed as a frame buffer either.

You might have better luck using the hdmi port.

I did actually, by throwing money at it. :) I went and bought a EVGA GeForce GT 740 as recommended in the Buyers Guide here. Of course even with that I needed to download NVidias web drivers but I now have triple monitors acting as they should again. I wish I could have gotten the other one working, but I was tearing my hair out trying every frame buffer setting in the list.

I, too, have a Gigabyte HD 6850 in my Son of Zorro build (Z68X-UD3H, i7-2700K). I remember a port usage matrix in the user manual where the two DVI ports can not be used simultaneously. So, I'm using a DP to DVI adapter to drive two monitors. So, check your 6850 manual to see it says about using the two DVI connectors together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back