CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
5700XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have my system working fully functional now, YAY!!!, except I cannot seem to get any monitor to work on my second video card so that I can use my 3rd monitor. System Profiler sees the correct video card, but does not detect any monitors plugged into it. When I dual-boot to Win7 it works fine, which I am only mentioning so that it's known that the hardware can in fact work.

I have attached a screenshot from System Profile of what it shows for both cards. I noticed on the 8400GS it listes the VRAM wrong too.

Rest of my system specs for reference:

ASUS P6X58D Premium
Core i7-930 2.8GHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB (primary vid card)
ASUS GeForce 8400 GS 512MB (second vid card)
6GB RAM @ 1600MHz
OCZ Vertex SSD 128GB

I appreciate any help! Thanks!

Attachments

• both.png
    both.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 180
ER800 said:

Thank you very much! It took some effort but that did work! It didn't quite work for me the first time following the instructions though. For anyone else that might run into the problem I had, here's what I posted to the aquamac thread that worked for me:

Just wanted to add my success story here and a pitfall I ran into for others.

I now have a GeForce GTX460 and GeForce 8400 GS working with 3 monitors!!

I followed the instructions on here and just changed the name of the card and memory sizes (1GB and 512MB) in the in.plist, but it was not working no matter what I did. My system would boot, but I would get a black screen. I could remote desktop to the system and it would show the cards in Profiler but thought no monitors were connected. If I booted with just one or the other card installed, they both worked on their own, but never together.

So then just for the hell of it, I moved my second video card to a different PCIe slot, and redid the whole process. And boom, works!! No idea why that mattered, but there ya go.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back