Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just bought this graphic card as it was recommended by tonymac, but I can't get the three of my monitors working. 2 of them are in Dvi and one is in VGA. When I boot my computer, only the vga is used, and when the computer is fully loaded, the two DVI are working and the vga is not detected anymore. Can someone help me?

I'm having the same problem.

My EVGA Nvidia Geforce GT 640 has 2 dual link DVI (one converts to Analog VGA which i NEED for my projector) and 1 mini HDMI. The box and website say 'supports up to 3 concurrent displays." I can only get two to work at the same time. I tried to enable my on board video but I lose the ability to change resolutions on my VGA out.

Is triple out not Supported for this card in OSX? Is it supported in Windows? Is EVGA lying to us?

Card Info:
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 2048 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0fc1
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: preset 1.0.0
Displays:
2243W:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: AQXC79A000830
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
VGA Display:
Resolution: 1280 x 768 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

I'm here to say "me too". DVIx2 and DVI+mHDMI works but I can't get all three to play together. Any leads/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Triple monitor on nvidia geforce gt640 (SOLVED!!!)

Hey everyone... I just set mine up. I was having the exact same issues that you all were having - 2 IPS panels connected via DVI and a TV through the mHDMI. I thought it was odd that the triple setup work work in Win7 x64 but not in OS X. Some digging revealed that Apple's Nvidia driver was the culprit. SO, I did a search for nVidia drivers for OSX... and I found this link --

http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html

Downloaded and installed without a hitch. Triple monitor support ACTIVATED!!! works like a boss. I hope this helps everyone out.

X

I found this thread while troubleshooting the same issue. I followed KingCanonX's directions and everything went smoothly. I now have all three screens working with my EVGA GeForce GT 640 card.

Thanks everybody for the help.

If anyone did things in the same order I did; you may run into the same problem with the driver installation. Because I had already set up my machine and didn't attempt the triple display set up right away. When I went to install the nvidia driver it told me, "Unsupported System: This computer will not support GeForce or Quadro Mac OS X edition cards." I knew right away it was because the drivers were for Mac Pro but not Mac Mini which I had made my hackintosh into for compatibility with thunderbolt. Here is the fix without having to re-run multibeast:

Drag "304.00.05f02 Web Release.mpkg" to the desktop and let it copy. After it is finished right click on it and choose "Show Package Contents". Open the "Contents" folder and open the file "Distribution.dist" in TextEdit or better yet TextWrangler.

Change the line that says: var system_models = ["MacPro3,1", "MacPro4,1", "MacPro5,1"];

to: var system_models = ["Macmini6,1", "MacPro3,1", "MacPro4,1", "MacPro5,1"];

(Or whatever your system is in place of "Macmini6,1)

Save the file and attempt to install the nvidia driver package from the one on your desktop that you just modified. I followed my own steps just like this and was able to activate my third display without re-running multibeast or changing to a MacPro5,1 (Even temporarily).

I have the same issue too.

I tried downloading the drivers from nVidia and installed fine but when I boot up with all 3 display devices plugged in I get a blank screen where the login screen should be.

I have 2 monitors. One running through the HDMI and the other through the DVI and a projector plugged into the VGA. When I disconnect the projector and boot up again I can see the login screen and everything seems to work fine but I still cant get all 3 to work simultaneously.

Any other ideas? I just updated to 10.8.2 before I updated the drivers from nVidia if that makes any difference?

Thats strange you say that as I have been using the VGA output for over a year along with the DVI for a dual display setup I have. Only when I try to use all 3 outputs simultaneously (HDMI, DVI, VGA) does the VGA stop working. Cant get the option to use triple displays yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back