Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition
CPU
i5 @ 3.5Ghz
Graphics
GTX 980
Hi

As the title suggests, i'm looking to triple boot Ubuntu, OSX & W10. I've currently got OSX HS and W10 running perfectly with no issues. I've now installled Ubuntu and Clover shows Linux as an option to boot but when I click it I get just a black screen with a flashing white underscore.

My setup currently looks like this:

SSD 1 - OSX
SSD 2 - Windows
HDD:
Partition 1: File storage
Partition 2: Ubuntu

When installing ubuntu I selected to install the bootloader on root of the ubuntu partition of the HDD.

Can anyone help me fix this? Let me know if anything is unclear :)

Thanks
joeyred8

Moved to Multi Booting.

Hi

As the title suggests, i'm looking to triple boot Ubuntu, OSX & W10. I've currently got OSX HS and W10 running perfectly with no issues. I've now installled Ubuntu and Clover shows Linux as an option to boot but when I click it I get just a black screen with a flashing white underscore.

My setup currently looks like this:

SSD 1 - OSX
SSD 2 - Windows
HDD:
Partition 1: File storage
Partition 2: Ubuntu

When installing ubuntu I selected to install the bootloader on root of the ubuntu partition of the HDD.

Can anyone help me fix this? Let me know if anything is unclear :)

Thanks
joeyred8
If you are booting Mac OS and Win10 in UEFI (as you should be on your hardware) then you have 2 options. You can install Ubuntu and boot it with Grub in UEFI mode (you have to create the Ubuntu installer for UEFI installation so it installs the boot files in the UEFI) or you can use the UEFI boot stub in Ubuntu to boot it without Grub at all by editing the Clover config.plist.
Personally, I prefer the UEFI stub method - it takes more work on the front end, but I am only using Clover to boot Linux without having to mess with Grub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back