Contribute
Register

Triple-booting on separate drives Windows 7 & Ubuntu & OSX (el capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z270
CPU
i7 7700
Graphics
Gtx 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone!

Need a help for triple-booting. I have PC from jurassic period which is lying uselessly. So I decided to build triple boot PC for emergency needs.

My dinosaur's configurations:
A-bit IX38 Quad GT (Legacy)
Core2Quad Q6600
4gb RAM
WDGreen 320GB (OSX)
WDBlue 320GB (Windows 7)
Toshiba 80GB (Ubuntu)

I have finished installation according to instructions. Clover booted successfully but only boots Windows and OSX. While booting from Clover to Ubuntu, booting process on GRUB stucks on purple screen after choosing Ubuntu (If I'm not mistaken stucks at point ramdisk). What can I do for this situation? I have installed over 5 distros of Linux but no result still stucked on that. :?:

Not a Desktop Guide - Moved to Multi Booting.

For your Jurassic hardware install Windows Legacy mode, install OS X and install Clover Legacy Mode. To get Linux to boot from Legacy mode Clover, install Linux Legacy Mode and make sure you install Grub to root ( / ) or create a /boot partition and install it there. Do not allow the installer to install Grub to the drive MBR. For most Linux installers you must choose "something else" at the install screen and manually set up your root, home and swap partitions so you can choose where to install Grub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back