2x E5-2640 v4
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,
So I recently upgraded from a triple boot using chimera with windows 10, Yosemite, and Ubuntu 16.04. I am now using clover with Sierra, Windows 10, and ubuntu 17.04 on 3 independent SSDs(same as before). With all but the EFI drive unplugged(to ensure no corruption of the other drives that were not necessary at the time.) I installed Sierra with Unibeast, ran Multibeast and after some tweeking everything works perfectly. I plugged the other two drives back in and Windows 10 worked perfectly as well, but Ubuntu(16.04 at the time) booted to GRUB, where the USB keyboard wouldn't work, so I let the countdown run and got a pink screen, and no further. I figured maybe GRUB got damaged of something so I unplugged all but that drive booted in, and upgraded to 17.04. Same problem still occurs, even though it did actually boot once or twice from clover. Each OS boots fine from BIOS so that tells me there is no hardware issue. Now at my clover boot screen I get Sierra, Grub(which still boots to GRUB, no keyboard, countdown finishes, pink screen, never further) and two Windows(one of which boots to the windows 10 boot screen and never loads, the other does nothing) Upon looking at my BIOS boot options there appears to be a "windows boot manager" option in my Sierra drive which was never there before. Someone please help. So close to being done.
My config.plist is attached

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Hello everyone,
So I recently upgraded from a triple boot using chimera with windows 10, Yosemite, and Ubuntu 16.04. I am now using clover with Sierra, Windows 10, and ubuntu 17.04 on 3 independent SSDs(same as before). With all but the EFI drive unplugged(to ensure no corruption of the other drives that were not necessary at the time.) I installed Sierra with Unibeast, ran Multibeast and after some tweeking everything works perfectly. I plugged the other two drives back in and Windows 10 worked perfectly as well, but Ubuntu(16.04 at the time) booted to GRUB, where the USB keyboard wouldn't work, so I let the countdown run and got a pink screen, and no further. I figured maybe GRUB got damaged of something so I unplugged all but that drive booted in, and upgraded to 17.04. Same problem still occurs, even though it did actually boot once or twice from clover. Each OS boots fine from BIOS so that tells me there is no hardware issue. Now at my clover boot screen I get Sierra, Grub(which still boots to GRUB, no keyboard, countdown finishes, pink screen, never further) and two Windows(one of which boots to the windows 10 boot screen and never loads, the other does nothing) Upon looking at my BIOS boot options there appears to be a "windows boot manager" option in my Sierra drive which was never there before. Someone please help. So close to being done.
My config.plist is attached
See Multibooting EFI on separate drives guide pinned at start of this forum.

Thanks GB but I realized Ubuntu was legacy installed. I reinstalled as UEFI and unchecked "legacy" box under GUI in clover and that seemed to fix everything. Now Clover boots to 3 partitions Sierra Ubuntu and Windows and they all work. The one weird thing is that when I boot into Windows the load screen shows my Motherboard boot screen(the very first screen when I turn on the PC) Really weird. Not a big deal but would anyone know how to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back