Graphics
GTX 770 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Well the title is quite descriptive. I looking forward to build a machine with these 3 OS. Mavericks for frontend dev, W8.1 for gaming and Arch for backend/system dev.

I need to know if Im going too crazy with this triple boot. If I am not going so reckless can you help me and point out any guide/guidelines to achieve this strange boot. Be gentle please because I am way new in booting OS X + whatever and further more if you think I want 2 more OS in the same machine.

Thanks, Goonie.

PS: Sorry for my horrible english.

Well the title is quite descriptive. I looking forward to build a machine with these 3 OS. Mavericks for frontend dev, W8.1 for gaming and Arch for backend/system dev.

I need to know if Im going too crazy with this triple boot. If I am not going so reckless can you help me and point out any guide/guidelines to achieve this strange boot. Be gentle please because I am way new in booting OS X + whatever and further more if you think I want 2 more OS in the same machine.

Thanks, Goonie.

PS: Sorry for my horrible english.

Not crazy - ambitious. :mrgreen:
Describe for me your hardware in your build - make and model.
Are you planning to install on same drive or a drive for each OS?
Recommend you use separate drives.

Not crazy - ambitious. :mrgreen:
Describe for me your hardware in your build - make and model.
Are you planning to install on same drive or a drive for each OS?
Recommend you use separate drives.

Hackintosh-budget.png

That's the list I am looking for. I've read about having 2 separate drives for doing dual boots that's why I thought it would be nice to have 2x128 SSD drives instead of 1x256. Would you agree with that?

Goonie.

That's the list I am looking for. I've read about having 2 separate drives for doing dual boots that's why I thought it would be nice to have 2x128 SSD drives instead of 1x256. Would you agree with that?

Goonie.

OK, we have Haswell hardware - please add it to your profile (pointer over your name in upper right - drop down menu select Settings and Edit Profile from options in left pane of Settings menu.)

Best is 3 x 128Gb drives - one for each OS. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html for OS X and Windows

For Windows, you have to remember to select the non-UEFI version of the install disk or disable UEFI booting in the BIOS while installing (you re-enable it after install is complete) if you plan to boot with Chimera.

For the Linux, the only thing you have to remember is to install Grub2 to the root partition and not to the HDD MBR if you plan to boot with Chimera.

If you follow the Clover Guide and boot with Clover then you don't have to worry about either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back