Contribute
Register

Triple Boot (macOS Sierra, Windows 10, Ubuntu 16.04)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion Power 15
CPU
Intel i5-7300HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 630 + GTX 1050 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey! I have a laptop with 4 hard drives in total.

2x 250GB Samsung mSATA SSDs
1x 64GB Toshiba mSATA SSD
1x 1000GB 7200RPM HDD

At the moment I am running Windows 10 on the 2x250GB Samsung SSDs using a RAID0 configuration which gives read speeds up to 1GB/s which is quite nice :) The 1TB HDD is for music, photos, videos. The 64GB mSATA SSD is empty, I got it for 25$ because it`s very cheap and I had one more mSATA slot...

This is what I want:
I`d like to keep W10 on the RAID0 SSDs and install MacOS Sierra on the 64GB SSD and forget about ubuntu ^^
to my knowledge, this won`t be possible because in order to install and boot OSX I have to change my bios settings and changing the current settings will kill my raid0 configuration (I had that problem a year ago).
However, my new plan is to format all of my SSD drives so I have 3 seperate drives.

on the 1st SSD I want to install Windows 10 (64Bit)
on the 2nd SSD I want to install macOS Sierra
on the 3rd SSD I want to install Ubuntu 16.04 (64Bit)

My question is the following: If I install every OS on a different drive I could easily switch between them by booting with another drive (F12 or changing the bios boot settings)??? Because this would be great! I need Ubuntu because I want to learn how to code, I need Windows for the software I use daily and for gaming and I simply love OSX :)

Hey! I have a laptop with 4 hard drives in total.

2x 250GB Samsung mSATA SSDs
1x 64GB Toshiba mSATA SSD
1x 1000GB 7200RPM HDD

At the moment I am running Windows 10 on the 2x250GB Samsung SSDs using a RAID0 configuration which gives read speeds up to 1GB/s which is quite nice :) The 1TB HDD is for music, photos, videos. The 64GB mSATA SSD is empty, I got it for 25$ because it`s very cheap and I had one more mSATA slot...

This is what I want:
I`d like to keep W10 on the RAID0 SSDs and install MacOS Sierra on the 64GB SSD and forget about ubuntu ^^
to my knowledge, this won`t be possible because in order to install and boot OSX I have to change my bios settings and changing the current settings will kill my raid0 configuration (I had that problem a year ago).
However, my new plan is to format all of my SSD drives so I have 3 seperate drives.

on the 1st SSD I want to install Windows 10 (64Bit)
on the 2nd SSD I want to install macOS Sierra
on the 3rd SSD I want to install Ubuntu 16.04 (64Bit)

My question is the following: If I install every OS on a different drive I could easily switch between them by booting with another drive (F12 or changing the bios boot settings)??? Because this would be great! I need Ubuntu because I want to learn how to code, I need Windows for the software I use daily and for gaming and I simply love OSX :)

You would be able to use Clover to boot all three OS - no need to change the boot settings or boot from a USB thumb drive or anything like that. We have an entire subforum on multi-booting: https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153. You might also be interested in the subforums on Windows (https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/windows.132) and Linux (https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/linux.133).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back