Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've just completed my Hackintosh flawlessly with little to no problem. I have 3 hard drives that run all 3 OSes separately. The only problem I'm having now, is that upon starting up OS X, it gives me this error:

disk_not_readable1.png

Basically it can't read the Ubuntu drive due to it's file system, does anyone have a solution to either...
A. Prevent Mac from seeing that hard drive
B. Getting Mac to read Ubuntu 10.12's file system

I've looked around and haven't found a good solution, and it's frustrating to have to click Eject or ignore every time I restart...greatly appreciated, thanks!

I've just completed my Hackintosh flawlessly with little to no problem. I have 3 hard drives that run all 3 OSes separately. The only problem I'm having now, is that upon starting up OS X, it gives me this error:

disk_not_readable1.png

Basically it can't read the Ubuntu drive due to it's file system, does anyone have a solution to either...
A. Prevent Mac from seeing that hard drive
B. Getting Mac to read Ubuntu 10.12's file system

I've looked around and haven't found a good solution, and it's frustrating to have to click Eject or ignore every time I restart...greatly appreciated, thanks!

I have Ubuntu 12.04LTS installed and don't run into this. But it might be because on the same drive where Ubuntu is installed is one or more versions of OS X. I assume that on the drive you experience this with, that you only have Linux (ext4, swap, etc) partitions. I wonder if you made a small partition on that disk, and then formatted it in OS X as "Mac OS Extended," you might avoid this message... It might not work because of course in my case that drive is where root is mounted, but it might be worth a try.

Hi RehabMan, I partitioned off the "Extended Partition" to OS X Journaled and it did work. Thanks a bunch. I just hope the extended partition wasn't that important (It wasn't being used by the OS in Ubuntu). Nonetheless I can still boot into both, and that error doesn't come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back