Graphics
Radeon > Need model # > See Rules!
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone having issues with enabling TRIM with the new update? I installed the TRIM kext in multibeast, but my systems still shows no TRIM for my SSD.

Where can you check if trim is working?

About This Mac -> More Info... -> System Report -> (from the left panel) SATA/SATA Express

And then you click the name of your disk and among the list there is TRIM Support status.

Thanks, it looks like trim is working for me but I installed the kext for it with multibeast when I did my install

Anyone having issues with enabling TRIM with the new update? I installed the TRIM kext in multibeast, but my systems still shows no TRIM for my SSD.

same problem I've met
multibeast 6.0.0 with Cosair CSSD-F60GB2

tried trim enabler.app (version 3.1.2), failed at mavericks' boot

I made it like this - find on the net, the link is off...: (till 10.9.4, not tried with 10.9.5)

[FONT=Verdana, serif]1)REMEMBER TO BACKUP THE ORIGINAL *first*...[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, serif]Code:[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier, serif]sudocp/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage~/Desktop/IOAHCIBlockStorage.backup[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]andonly then...[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, serif]2a)enable write permission on the IOAHCIBlockStorage file, so that youcan modify it directly (this is the easiest way to keep the originalfile owner, group)[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier, serif]sudochmod o+w/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]2b)patch IOAHCIBlockStorage file, changing APPLE SSD (AND ONLY those 9characters) with the first 9 characters in your SSD model. (anyonewith the 2012 macbook air is probably not going to be reading thisthread, because he/she will already have a built-in APPLE SSD andTRIM will enabled by default, but yes, in theory these directionswouldn't work for them)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, serif]Here'sa YouTube video that shows how to do it using the free Hex Fiend.app:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_wx5p0YkHs[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, serif]2c)remove write permission:[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier, serif]sudochmod o-w/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]3)run this in the terminal (to force your changed file to be used bythe system):[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier, serif]sudotouch /System/Library/Extensions/[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]youshouldn't see any output. If you do see some warning message sayingabout the IOAHCIBlockStorage file being corrupted or something, youhave to ABORT! Replace the modified file with the backup of theoriginal, and re-do this step. If you go on to restart, you'll mostlikely end up with a non-booting system (it will still be possible torecover, but it's more trouble - see bottom of this post)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, serif]4)reboot[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, serif]Quote:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]Originally Posted by [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif]minchman[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]Also, is it true that I will have to do this after every 10.8.x update?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, serif]Thisdepends on whether a given update changes the IOAHCIBlockStoragefile. If not, you won't have to do it again. If it does, you will. Sofar, in the last couple of OS X updates, the pattern has been like...60% of the time you have to redo the patch.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, serif]---[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, serif]Ifsomething goes wrong and you can't boot (probably you messed up theIOAHCIBlockStorage file or its permissions), then boot into MLrecovery mode, open the terminal and do:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, serif]5a)restore IOAHCIBlockStorage from your backup[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier, serif]sudocp ~/Desktop/IOAHCIBlockStorage.backup/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif](You'llhave to modify paths appropriately, because the root of your SSDinside Recovery mode will be /Volumes/ or something)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, serif]5b)(optional) restore its file permissions, perhaps you'll need tochange group via [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif]chgrp[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif]command...[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]5c)run this so your changes will be applied:[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier, serif]sudotouch /System/Library/Extensions/[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif]5d)restart, and hopefully you're back at square one[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back