CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have asus z97 pro wifi ac board and i have installed last update 10.10.3 and trim not enabled on my kingston ssd now i tried multibeast 7.2 but no luck for now ... Any other suggestions?
Also i saw online trim enabler app you can download and switch trim to on ...
This is website www.groths.org/trim-enabler/. Or this might be just for oem mac?
Thank you george!

I have asus z97 pro wifi ac board and i have installed last update 10.10.3 and trim not enabled on my kingston ssd now i tried multibeast 7.2 but no luck for now ... Any other suggestions?
Also i saw online trim enabler app you can download and switch trim to on ...
This is website www.groths.org/trim-enabler/. Or this might be just for oem mac?
Thank you george!

MB 7.2 TRIM Patch will not work on 10.10.3

Run the below codes on Terminal, Reboot and check the TRIM Support

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Source : http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/161314-os-x-10-10-3-update-6.html#post1017430

MB 7.2 TRIM Patch will not work on 10.10.3

Run the below codes on Terminal, Reboot and check the TRIM Support

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

Code:

Source : http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/161314-os-x-10-10-3-update-6.html#post1017430

just copy and paste code in terminal both codes at the same time ? Or run first code then second? Then restart.. Not so good with codes sorry :(

just copy and paste code in terminal both codes at the same time ? Or run first code then second? Then restart.. Not so good with codes sorry :(

First copy paste and run the first code. Then copy paste and run the second code.

Reboot OS X. Check TRIM support.

First copy paste and run the first code. Then copy paste and run the second code.

Reboot OS X. Check TRIM support.

Ok, i did that restarted computer and trim support is enabled now.. The one thjng i noticed is that in about 10 min of use yosemite froze ... I restarted it again and when i tried to shut it down it froze on shut down half way between .. Then i turned the system on again and shut it down and it seemed fine ... Could be that trim support was causing it ? I ll do more testing ...

one thing i never had working was sleep mode, as soon as i put it in sleep mode it wakes up, maybe my liquid cooling? Corsair 80i.

Thank you,
george

Ok, i did that restarted computer and trim support is enabled now.. The one thjng i noticed is that in about 10 min of use yosemite froze ... I restarted it again and when i tried to shut it down it froze on shut down half way between .. Then i turned the system on again and shut it down and it seemed fine ... Could be that trim support was causing it ? I ll do more testing ...

Boot without Caches and check whether the freeze happening or not.

one thing i never had working was sleep mode, as soon as i put it in sleep mode it wakes up, maybe my liquid cooling? Corsair 80i.

Thank you,
george

Open console.app (Applications > Utilities > Console) then select system.log from left side pane, search for wake reason

Thank you :) ur realllllyyy good ..
How do you cleach cache ? Also after i updated to 10.10.3, all i did is installed my audio driver, inject bootloader manually to efi partition so i could boot with no usb, and got trim enabled..

Should i run multibeast 7.2 for other stuff ? Fake smc etc...
Thank you again :)

also i had computer running all day no freezing, but shut down time is slower, if i ran multibeast 7.2 it might fox that ?

Thank you :) ur realllllyyy good ..
How do you cleach cache ?

You mean clear cache?? Run the below code on terminal to clear caches
Code:
sudo rm -r /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
Code:
Code:
sudo kextcache -update-volume /

Also after i updated to 10.10.3, all i did is installed my audio driver, inject bootloader manually to efi partition so i could boot with no usb, and got trim enabled..

Should i run multibeast 7.2 for other stuff ? Fake smc etc...

No Need. FakeSMC.kext is already there. Update will not replace the kext.

also i had computer running all day no freezing, but shut down time is slower, if i ran multibeast 7.2 it might fox that ?

Clear caches as mentioned above.

Use Kext Wizard, execute Repair Disk Permissions & Rebuild Caches (Options available under Maintenance tab)

Once it is done, reboot and check the Shutdown time.

I have Kext beast will that work ? Kext Wizard is that open for download here?

Ok I did that got kext wizard ... Rebooted system seem fine.. Seem a bit snappier opening and loading apps...
Thank you...
I go check sleep mode and check console then... Keep you posted...
George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back