ATI Radeon HD 5850
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Everyone!

Hope you all are having a fantastic day!

Motherboard - Asus p6x58d-e

Install of Yosemite on top of Mavericks went fine and I am up and running except for 1 thing. Trim support.

I have tried both the Trim Enabler program and the Trim patch/kex-dev-mode=1 fix through Multibeast.

Trim Enabler restarts my computer so it can enable unsigned kexts, but every time the computer turns back on Trim Enabler requests to do the same thing, so that is a no go. I know this program is not supported here so not too worried about that.

The Trim patch and kext-dev-mode=1 through Multibeast though, it installs just fine, but a reboot results in the circle with the slash through it, ie. the can't boot up because there are unsigned kexts image.

Safe mode works. -F doesn't, kext-dev-mode=1 doesn't

I am using Chimera 4.0 if anyone is interested. Also I have my OS/Applications folder on the SSD, and my home folder on another regular hard drive.

If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them. If you need more desktop specs let me know.
Thanks and have a fantabulous day!

- Mr.Twista

Same issue as with Trim Enabler. Says it needs to patch the system. Reboots, and says it needs to patch the system again. Although I have now noticed the "Error has occured, pausing 5 seconds" message on boot - now looking into that. I am curious if that happened with Trim Enabler as well.

Thanks
Mr.Twista

Well I have managed to get the tool you suggested past it trying to enable unsigned kext and install by using Multibeasts kex-dev-mode=1... So installed the patch, restarted and back to not able to boot issue with the unsinged kexts failure. Still waiting for root device error in verbose mode.

Mr.Twista

So fixed the 5 second pause thing:

Solution found in 2012 by makie100

type on terminal
sudo systemsetup -setkernelbootarchitecture i386
Hit ENTER
Fix permissions [use Disk Utility] REBOOT
THAT's ALL

Then fixed the trim problem. Manually put <key>Arguments</key><string>kext-dev-mode=1</string> at the top of the boot.plist file. Then enabled only Trim through Multibeast and did not enable the kext-dev-mode=1 through Multibeast. For me it looks like Multibeast fails to set kext-dev-mode=1 in the boot.plist file so manually doing it and putting it at the top worked. No idea why setting kext-dev-mode=1 at launch didn't work.

Thanks
Mr.Twista

HOLY CRAP!

You are the man.

My plist 5-second delay error is gone.

I *finally* have TRIM enabled via Multibeast. You fu****g rock.

yes!

my problems were 100% the same as yours previous to the fixes you found.

my perfectly functioning boot.plist.file now looks like:

<key>Arguments</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Glad me solving my problem helped you solve yours!

flagged as recommended thread. Thanks again mate.

So fixed the 5 second pause thing:

Solution found in 2012 by makie100

type on terminal
sudo systemsetup -setkernelbootarchitecture i386
Hit ENTER
Fix permissions [use Disk Utility] REBOOT
THAT's ALL

Then fixed the trim problem. Manually put <key>Arguments</key><string>kext-dev-mode=1</string> at the top of the boot.plist file. Then enabled only Trim through Multibeast and did not enable the kext-dev-mode=1 through Multibeast. For me it looks like Multibeast fails to set kext-dev-mode=1 in the boot.plist file so manually doing it and putting it at the top worked. No idea why setting kext-dev-mode=1 at launch didn't work.

Thanks
Mr.Twista

So this appears to boot system not in 64 bit mode. However, there is another way to solve 5 second problem, at least it did for me.

http://bytesandbolts.com/os-x-10-10-yosemite-ga-x58a-ud3r-hackintosh-install/

Finally got the system working, but got strange error at boot about not being able to parse plist, ‘Error parsing plist file, Errors encountered while starting up the computer. Pausing 5 seconds’. For some reason the com.apple.Boot.plist at /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration was corrupted with kext-dev-mode=1. This conflicted with the MultiBeast plist in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist, which also contained a kext-dev-mode=1 entry. Deleting the com.apple.Boot.plist plist fixed the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back