Graphics
GTX 560 SC
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi I have a 64 GB SSD from Crucial and i can't get TRIM enabled. I have runt TRIM enabler in multi beast and restarted but when I check in system information if it is enabled it says no. :banghead:
Any ideas how to get it enabled?

Albertsw said:
Hi I have a 64 GB SSD from Crucial and i can't get TRIM enabled. I have runt TRIM enabler in multi beast and restarted but when I check in system information if it is enabled it says no. :banghead:
Any ideas how to get it enabled?
You didn't state what Crucial drive you are using. If it has a Sand Force controller, wouldn't do TRIM and would only use it if Crucial recommended it. :wave:

Im using a 64GB Crucial M4 SSD. I can't find out if Crucial recommends TRIM on it. I don't think it has a Sand Force controller.

eddie8t said:
Albertsw said:
Im using a 64GB Crucial M4 SSD. I can't find out if Crucial recommends TRIM on it. I don't think it has a Sand Force controller.

should work just fine. I'm using the 128 GB M4.

How long have you had that drive and has it lost performance over time?

that drive should have it's own garbage collection, you shouldn't need TRIM.

I did a disk speed test in blackmagic and the read speeds war about 500MB per second but the writes were not even 100MB per second!

Albertsw said:
I did a dick speed test in blackmagic and the read speeds war about 500MB per second but the writes were not even 100MB per second!
Unfortunately, Blackmagic does not do a good job on SSD. There are links showing how to check the speed, but I just enjoy the speed on my OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 120GB. I just quit testing.

Albertsw said:
I did a dick speed test in blackmagic and the read speeds war about 500MB per second but the writes were not even 100MB per second!

I did a dick speed test and messed up my keyboard.

Seriously though, the 64GB version of the Crucial M4 should get slightly under 100MB/s sustained write speed, yours is performing normally.

The larger capacity versions are capable of higher write speeds.

JohnnyMac2001 said:
Unfortunately, Blackmagic does not do a good job on SSD. There are links showing how to check the speed, but I just enjoy the speed on my OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 120GB. I just quit testing.

That's simply not true. The Blackmagic test is absolutely accurate, it just uses incompressible data which makes Sandforce drives look crap. There's plenty of people all over the net getting upset and trying to convince themselves that the test is at fault when it shows that their Sandforce drive isn't all it's cracked up to be when dealing with incompressible data such as video (the testing of which is the whole point of the utility, made by Blackmagic, a video hardware company).

This is why I avoid Sandforce-based SSDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back