Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming 5
CPU
i7 77000k
Graphics
PNY GTX 980 Ti 6GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
:oops: Bad times...any help greatfully recieved.

ok, so I tried to update via the App Store Update rather than do a fresh install. I had only just installed Mavericks fairly recently and haven't done much on the Mac since so haven't bithered to back up. I downloaded the update, it worked its maguc and then did a reboot....then...nothing.

i now get by usual chameleon boot menu (I have a win 7 drive too so choose which to boot from on startup) but it won't let me select the OSX drive anymore, I select the OSX drive and it just brings me back to the same menu again immediately.

I have no idea if I can get back into OSX, any ideas guys?

the obvious thing would be to do a clean unibeast install of Yosemite but I'd need a mac to make the Unibeast stick right???

im also hoping to add windows 8.1 to a third drive this weekend - if I don't throw it all out of the window first.

help help help help help

please, thank you.

:(

my setup is

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3500 MHz
32 GB DDR3-SDRAM
2 x OCZ-AGILITY3 (240GB) SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Last edited:
Any ideas folks? I've tried -x on boot and get the apple screen but it freezes soon after.

Hi I think I had the same problem you did. Luckily I had made a unibeast yosemite installation stick. I can boot from it but no matter how often I try to clean install the OS I can only ever boot off the USB stick. Booting without it just freezes mid verbose mode and gives me a black screen. I know this isn't much help other than to say I would highly suggest getting unibeast stick as it got me a bit further. I was stuck at boot unable to find the mach_kernel

Thanks Guys,

How can I easily go back to Snow Leopard?

Windows 7 is working fine but I cant find a way of getting back to OSX as I need a mac to make a usb drive :(

I've tried using VM ware but cant seem to get that working either.

Life is sucking right now....

which version of OS X is this? Mavericks or Yosemite?

I was running Mavericks and was trying to upgrade to Yosemite.

I'd be happy with anything that I could get running at the moment so that I can make a Unibeast USB stick for Yosemite.

which version of OS X is this? Mavericks or Yosemite?
I was running Mavericks and was trying to upgrade to Yosemite.

I'd be happy with anything that I could get running at the moment so that I can make a Unibeast USB stick for Yosemite.

id recommend making a Unibeast pen drive for Yosemite then try using the Chimera Bootloader for Yosemite which comes with new Unibeast then give it a try but baring in mind its a hackintosh so it may not work like that I've never tried

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back