Contribute
Register

Tried to update to 12.3, now have kernel panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem now is Bluetooth. My trackpad and keyboard aren't connecting, although the trackpad keeps showing up in the devices window as "Not Connected." The keyboard isn't showing up at all.
Strike that! Restarted, and Bluetooth is working fine! I'm BACK... and in 12.3! THANK YOU @danunahui !!!

Holy Mackasmolie! That worked (mostly). It was a lot of hoops through which to jump, but I figured out how to edit the config.plist in Windows, removed the "dk." and rebooted right into my desktop! My problem now is Bluetooth. My trackpad and keyboard aren't connecting, although the trackpad keeps showing up in the devices window as "Not Connected." The keyboard isn't showing up at all. Maybe one of the Bluetooth kexts needs an update? Well, that's the next problem. At least I'm back in!

View attachment 544155
Tried with the e1000=0 approach. boot into black-screen :(

Seems made some progress, but not get there yet.
(Asus Prime Z490-A + 10850K)

Tried with the e1000=0 approach. boot into black-screen :(

Seems made some progress, but not get there yet.
(Asus Prime Z490-A + 10850K)
Sorry to hear. :( I guess I just got lucky.

I also tried dropping the "dk." and my system boots to the login window only to panic and reboot.

If you have i225-v and dk.e1000=0 in bootargs, try to replace it with e1000=0.

Sorry to hear. :( I guess I just got lucky.

@danunahui Thank you so much. I did a clean installing of 12.3 with e1000=0 in bootargs in another SSD, it is working without panic as I can tell.

@BillG66 e1000=0 may not work for other config. We both have i225-v. It is still worth a try.

If you have i225-v and dk.e1000=0 in bootargs, try to replace it with e1000=0.
Hi, may I ask you do you mean bootargs in OC configuration file?

I have same problem, my working Monterey 12.1 *open core 0.7.6, was not able to finish installation of 12.3 update.

Great, great thanks :)

I finally got my machine restored and ports mapped, and everything running smoothly, then tried to update to 12.3. At first, all seemed to be going well, but after the first restart, the progress bar stopped, there was no hard disk activity for about 10 minutes, so I restarted. When I did, the install disk was gone, and it seemed to boot from my old disk just fine. But when I got to the log in page, the login froze. The wheel stopped spinning, and, again, no HD activity. So, I restarted, and now I get a kernel panic. What can I do?

Update: Now it will boot to the login screen, but freezes after I input my password. :(

View attachment 544008
I don't get it. I have a core2 quad machine everything worked fine up upgraded to 12.2.1 still everything was good once I got to 12.3 I get a kernel panic and even recovery still panic. I know it works cause if I move the Harddrive to a core i7-4790, everything works fine. I have the latest telemetrap.kexy and everything. And still a panic on boot. The only way I can get into the drive is if I move it to another machine. Is core 2 lga775 hardwere s officially forced to work now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back