Graphics
GTX 750-Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I already have a working El Capitan installation, and tried to update to Sierra today. I downloaded the latest version of Clover and copied over my essential kexts. But when I tried to install Sierra from the App Store, it said it couldn't be installed on my Mac. I assumed this was to do with my system definition being a 2008 Mac Pro, so I installed Multibeast to update it to a newer model (Mac pro 6, 1 iirc) After doing this, I restarted the pc. After going though Clover (the new one, which worked fine before the definition update) I got absolutely nothing after the Apple logo loading screen.

How can I get it back to normal, and what should I do to get Sierra working afterwards?

By nothing, I mean a completely black screen, no input or anything.

I already have a working El Capitan installation, and tried to update to Sierra today. I downloaded the latest version of Clover and copied over my essential kexts. But when I tried to install Sierra from the App Store, it said it couldn't be installed on my Mac. I assumed this was to do with my system definition being a 2008 Mac Pro, so I installed Multibeast to update it to a newer model (Mac pro 6, 1 iirc) After doing this, I restarted the pc. After going though Clover (the new one, which worked fine before the definition update) I got absolutely nothing after the Apple logo loading screen.

How can I get it back to normal, and what should I do to get Sierra working afterwards?

Mac Pro 6,1 is not an appropriate system definition for your hardware spec.

Choose the appropriate one from here (Based on processor) : http://www.everymac.com

Black screen means your monitor going off ??

If Not, then please post a clear photo of the entire frozen screen after booting in verbose mode.

If Yes, try booting nv_disable=1 flag.

Mac Pro 6,1 is not an appropriate system definition for your hardware spec.

Choose the appropriate one from here (Based on processor) : http://www.everymac.com

Black screen means your monitor going off ??

If Not, then please post a clear photo of the entire frozen screen after booting in verbose mode.

If Yes, try booting nv_disable=1 flag.

nv_disable=1 worked! I can now boot in normal mode! Would just using Multibeast to change the system definition to an appropriate one fix all my problems and let me install macOS Sierra?

nv_disable=1 worked! I can now boot in normal mode! Would just using Multibeast to change the system definition to an appropriate one fix all my problems and let me install macOS Sierra?

Sometimes if you have Multibeast install a new definition that is contrary to your other definition it can cause problems. You may have backup EFI folder that has a different definition, Use EFIMounter (available on Tonymac) and check your EFI partition and your Amin partition to make sure the config.plist versions match. If you have different serial numbers and uuid it can cause problems as well.

I have used Mac Pro 6.1 on a pentium G3258 Haswell rig so as long as you pick a definition that is iMac 14.2, Mac Pro 5.1 or higher you can run in Sierra. Its best to find a definition that best suits your cpu of course but it isn't necessary as long as it meets the Sierra cutoff of 2009-2010 and later models.

Sometimes if you have Multibeast install a new definition that is contrary to your other definition it can cause problems. You may have backup EFI folder that has a different definition, Use EFIMounter (available on Tonymac) and check your EFI partition and your Amin partition to make sure the config.plist versions match. If you have different serial numbers and uuid it can cause problems as well.

I have used Mac Pro 6.1 on a pentium G3258 Haswell rig so as long as you pick a definition that is iMac 14.2, Mac Pro 5.1 or higher you can run in Sierra. Its best to find a definition that best suits your cpu of course but it isn't necessary as long as it meets the Sierra cutoff of 2009-2010 and later models.

Don't worry, I managed to get it all working (using the advice given by the first two posters and some research of my own) and installed Sierra, now I just need to wait for the Nvidia driver to come out for the build I installed.

Don't worry, I managed to get it all working (using the advice given by the first two posters and some research of my own) and installed Sierra, now I just need to wait for the Nvidia driver to come out for the build I installed.

What is your build version ?? Provide output of below command

Code:
sw_vers

What is your build version ?? Provide output of below command

Code:
sw_vers

ProductName: Mac OS X

ProductVersion: 10.12.1

BuildVersion: 16B2659

As far as I know Nvidia haven't released web drivers for the build version i have yet. I've tried injecting them in Clover, as well as nvda_drv=1, but i still am forced to use the glitchy MacOS drivers.

///
ProductName: Mac OS X

ProductVersion: 10.12.1

BuildVersion: 16B2659

As far as I know Nvidia haven't released web drivers for the build version i have yet. I've tried injecting them in Clover, as well as nvda_drv=1, but i still am forced to use the glitchy MacOS drivers.

That build version # doesn't match the driver builds. Have you tried both driver versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back