Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UH5D
CPU
i7
Graphics
Geforce 1050ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So, I was trying to fix the App store and I edited the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in the Mac Hard Drive/Extra/ folder using a hash I got from EFI studio. Not sure what went wrong, but I cant boot now. So, I need to get back to that file and remove what I put in it so I can get booted, but I have no idea how do get there. My machine is a dual booting machine and I am on Win8 right now, but of course cannot see the other drive that the Mac OS is installed on. I did try booting with a safe mode switch (-x) with no luck. Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks,

Shane

**Update - I fixed this issue only to goof things up trying to update the network and usb drivers. Look a few slots below.

Boot with -F (upper case)

To ignore your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Cool, thanks. I ended up grabbing some HSF+ drivers and editing the file through Windows. I am not sure what I did wrong on the App store fix. Gonna try a couple more options.

Well this is turning out to be a crappy day. I used the latest MultiBeast to try and update a few drivers because my icons were flickering (finder crashes from the looks of it) now I cannot boot. In verbose mode the last thing that loads is the sound then it clocks for a bit and reboots. I have tried to boot in safe mode and using the -f switch to no avail. What can I do to troubleshoot?

The last thing it says is
Sound assertion in AppleHDREgine at line 581
in case that is any indication.

When I ran multibeast, I updated the USB and network drivers, as well as the bootloader.

IMG_20140802_144344.jpg

Updated drivers using multibeast, cant boot now

I was able to get a picture of a quick message that pops up after the sound assertion message. Not sure if this helps or not. It's weird that I can not do a safe boot using the -x switch. This is obviously driver related, but I cannot get into OSX to run multibeast again.

IMG_20140802_150740.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back