Graphics
GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So in a moment of stupidity, I tried to boot a USB hackintosh hard drive containing Mountain Lion with my MacBook Pro. Obviously it would not boot and gave me the black screen with a circle and a line through it. I immediately restarted and booted back off of my internal Mac SSD.

Problem is that now my Macbook will not boot up. It gives me the Apple logo along with a progress bar and it freezes about halfway through. So I am wondering what files were changed/added to make my Mac Hard Drive not be able to start up? I didn't think that booting off a USB would change anything on the other drives. :(

With my Hackintosh down and now my MacBook Pro down I am having not so good of a day. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

So in a moment of stupidity, I tried to boot a USB hackintosh hard drive containing Mountain Lion with my MacBook Pro. Obviously it would not boot and gave me the black screen with a circle and a line through it. I immediately restarted and booted back off of my internal Mac SSD.

Problem is that now my Macbook will not boot up. It gives me the Apple logo along with a progress bar and it freezes about halfway through. So I am wondering what files were changed/added to make my Mac Hard Drive not be able to start up? I didn't think that booting off a USB would change anything on the other drives. :(

With my Hackintosh down and now my MacBook Pro down I am having not so good of a day. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

For the MacBook Pro reset the SMC and PRAM.

Good Luck

Thanks for the quick reply P1LGRIM, I did both of those twice and it's still hanging on me. Any other ideas?

I just went ahead and re-installed Yosemite. Lesson learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back