Contribute
Register

Tried before... didn't work. New setup, help me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Derp
CPU
i5 2500k
Graphics
nVidia GTX560 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have tried for days and days before on my old setup to install OSX Snow Leopard, and had no success whatsoever. I literally spent HOURS in front of my PC googling and restarting to type different commands to no avail.

SO

I decided to buy a new computer a few weeks ago and thought I would give this a shot! I've googled a bit but haven't found my answer as of yet, and I thought I would try my luck at asking you guys - who know best!

tl;dr: Can my new PC run Snow Leopard/Lion?

My specs are:

-Mainboard : Gigabyte H61M-D2-B3
-Processor : Intel Core i5 2500K
-Physical Memory : 4096MB DDR3-SDRAM
-Chipset : Intel Sandy Bridge
-Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

I'm sure I can find out myself HOW to install it, but it'd be great if someone could give me a definite yes before I wrack my brain out trying to figure out why it won't work.

Thanks in advance

If you roll over the Resources button at the top right of the screen and scroll down to the DSDT database and click, then click on the down arrow on the choose your motherboard button and follow it to the H61 motherboards, you will probably find a DSDT for your board. If one is there for your board, then you can most definitely install on it.
Even if there is not one for your particular model, if there is one even close then chances are you can install on your board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back