Graphics
Nvidia GTX 460 Fermi
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all! I was wondering if there is a way to trick OSX ML (or mavericks, if that makes a difference) into treating two monitors as one long one? I don't just want to have one desktop stretched between them, I want it to actually think that there is just one giant monitor. This would also be very helpful if I ever decide to get four, because then they could seamlessly act as one. Requiring the purchase of an application is OK.
Thanks!
Paul

Hmmm... Unaware of anything that does this for OSX.
The converse problem is also useful to solve; split a large monitor into virtual monitors. I've only seen that done at the app level.

Anyhow, on Windows and Linux some of the ATI cards have software that supports exactly what you want. I think it's called Eyefinity. ATI has been behind Nvidia in providing support for OSX.

The multi-monitor world in OSX is still to be developed. I'm speaking as a guy who uses 4, previously 5 and 6 monitors. For work and play... ;)

Frustrating! There is a app for that...but, it's been years since I've seen/used it. I can't even remember the name of it. I'd try searching at https://www.macupdate.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back