Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello folks!

First post here, so bare with me :headbang:...

I am currently already running Yosemite on my MacBook (late 2009 unibody model) and was looking to migrate this onto the CustoMac Mini Deluxe Build. The only difference in the build spec is that I want to use an OWC 6G 240GB SSD instead of the Samsung EVO. I've read that with the OWC SSDs you apparently don't run into issues with TRIM...

Essentially my question is this... I want to keep all of my documents, apps etc (especially Logic because I lost the packaging and disc for it in a recent move so if I start fresh, I will lose it) but just move them onto the CustoMac Mini Build.

The process I was going to do, was to clone my current HDD from the Macbook onto the OWC SSD and then insert this into the CustoMac Mini Build. Would I be fine doing this? Just concerned that I wouldn't be able to boot and run into some issues etc.

Has anyone done this? Is there another way I can move my apps across without running into issues? I have had a scan through the forums and had a look, but nothing is explicitly clear i.e. n00b step-by-step guide. :crazy:

If anyone could help me out and offer advice, that would be great.

I would suggest that you do not clone your disk but rather install Yosemite according to the installation guides on this site and then use Move your content to a new Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back