Contribute
Register

Trackpad Problem VoodooPs2Controller

Hi all.

Installed successfully El Capitan on Sony Vaio VPC-F11S1E.

Everything works fine except for trackpad.
I started with an older version of VoodooPS2Controller find somewhere in the forum... it worked perfectly (secondary click with two fingers, various configs in control pane. than it gave me a kernel panic I don't know why -> i discovered the kp is for the old version, than i upgraded it with newest.
Now the trackpad is recognized as mouse with only the option of velocity and velocity for double click (no scrolling,no secondary click)
I have followed the steps of the guide of installation for VoodooPS2Controller except for 1 step that I don't understand.

cp ./ProBook/Trackpad-Info.plist ./Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist
cp ./ProBook/Keyboard-Info.plist ./Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist

I can't understand what the /Probook directory stand for. I searched Trackpad-info.plist to copy into .../VoodooPS2Trackpad/Contents/Info.plist but I can't find it.

Sorry for my english.

thanks in advance.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Moved to Laptop Support.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi all.

Installed successfully El Capitan on Sony Vaio VPC-F11S1E.

Everything works fine except for trackpad.
I started with an older version of VoodooPS2Controller find somewhere in the forum... it worked perfectly (secondary click with two fingers, various configs in control pane. than it gave me a kernel panic I don't know why -> i discovered the kp is for the old version, than i upgraded it with newest.
Now the trackpad is recognized as mouse with only the option of velocity and velocity for double click (no scrolling,no secondary click)
I have followed the steps of the guide of installation for VoodooPS2Controller except for 1 step that I don't understand.

cp ./ProBook/Trackpad-Info.plist ./Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist
cp ./ProBook/Keyboard-Info.plist ./Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist

I can't understand what the /Probook directory stand for. I searched Trackpad-info.plist to copy into .../VoodooPS2Trackpad/Contents/Info.plist but I can't find it.

Sorry for my english.

thanks in advance.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Note: As per install instructions, copying probook Info.plist only applies to the HP ProBook, and only with very old versions of the kext...