CPU
i5-8350U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Trackpad itself works as far as the voodooi2c kext allows it and the keyboard works with the voodooPS , but the trackpad buttons are unresponsive. There's an active mouse preferences panel in the system preferences for what is worth. What could be done to fix this? Any hint would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• debug_12830.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 283
Trackpad itself works as far as the voodooi2c kext allows it and the keyboard works with the voodooPS , but the trackpad buttons are unresponsive. There's an active mouse preferences panel in the system preferences for what is worth. What could be done to fix this? Any hint would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Your trackpad is likely ALPS. Look for PS2 kexts for ALPS.

It could also be I2C, but you have PS2 trackpad kexts installed...

Your trackpad is likely ALPS. Look for PS2 kexts for ALPS.

It could also be I2C, but you have PS2 trackpad kexts installed...

Yes the trackpad itself is ALPS I2C , HID\DELL081B. I was able to make it work with
VoodooI2C.kext, VoodooI2CHID.kext and proper DSTD patches for GPIO. The keyboard on the other hand works with VoodooPS2Controller.kext , which seems to include some plugins for trackpad and mouse. Either way the trackpad buttons remain unresponsive.

Yes the trackpad itself is ALPS I2C , HID\DELL081B. I was able to make it work with
VoodooI2C.kext, VoodooI2CHID.kext and proper DSTD patches for GPIO. The keyboard on the other hand works with VoodooPS2Controller.kext , which seems to include some plugins for trackpad and mouse. Either way the trackpad buttons remain unresponsive.

If you think it is an I2C kext problem, refer to the I2C thread linked from the FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

@freesby - I got a 7390 recently and I've managed to install Mojave. When digging around for tips on setting up things, I've found your posts. Did you manage to get the trackpad(+ buttons) working after all?

@freesby - I got a 7390 recently and I've managed to install Mojave. When digging around for tips on setting up things, I've found your posts. Did you manage to get the trackpad(+ buttons) working after all?

Buttons still not working. The track pad works with the latest VoodooI2C and proper I2C ssdt patches . Take a look at the-darkvoid/XPS9360-macOS github repo .

@freesby & @c0ld did you finally found a solution, apart trackpad buttons, everything work well under Mojave.
I've tried many patch on my DSDT but can't get buttons work
Thanks for your help
And for sound everything works well for me, I use combojack

@freesby & @c0ld did you finally found a solution, apart trackpad buttons, everything work well under Mojave.
I've tried many patch on my DSDT but can't get buttons work
Thanks for your help
And for sound everything works well for me, I use combojack

I have not found a solution for the trackpad buttons. The Voodooi2c kext needs to add support for this.

Same issue here. Precision 7530.

Trackpad working but no buttons.

Mo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back