Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After I hackintoshed my T440s I was looking for a good usb WiFi dongle.

First I tried Edimax EW-7811Un (https://www.edimax.com/edimax/merch...a/edimax/in/wireless_adapters_n150/ew-7811un/). It worked with the drivers they provide but the speed and signal quality was crap.

I decided to get something with a proper antenna and found TPLink Archer T2U Plus (https://www.tp-link.com/au/home-networking/adapter/archer-t2u-plus/). It is quite bulky but it works very well with the drivers they provide. I tested it both in Mojave and later in Catalina after update.

IMG_1759.jpg

Looks good. How far is your router? You already test the internet speed considering your internet provider? For example I have Fiber 100Mb...

Looks good. How far is your router? You already test the internet speed considering your internet provider? For example I have Fiber 100Mb...

I get about 50 Mbps download, which is fair considering my iPhone gets about 70 Mbps, meaning my router Wifi is quite a bottle neck (getting much better speeds over ethernet cable).

I get about 50 Mbps download, which is fair considering my iPhone gets about 70 Mbps, meaning my router Wifi is quite a bottle neck (getting much better speeds over ethernet cable).

THANKS. I have the TPLink WN725N (150Mb/s max) and have my router 10 mts and 1 wall away. But I'm getting only 12Mb/s. I want and "upgrade" but first I will try one good idea using a USB cable extender to put the TPlink in a better position/place. I will test speed after buy the cable tomorrow and eventually I will buy the T2U.

I finally bought (15€) WIFI USB TPLink T2U Plus (2,4G+5G WIFI DUAL) and works perfectly after installing the TPLink official Mac Driver and reboot. I have my Hackintosh 10 mts far + 1 solid wall between my Modem-150Mb/s Fiber and the speedest gave me: 210Mb/s Download-180Mb/s Upload !
(With TP-Link WN725N (Only 2,4G) speed was 25Mb/s-20Mb/s)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back