ASUS ROG B250F Strix Gaming
CPU
i7 7700
Graphics
ASUS RX570 Strix
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

This is the first time I bought a wifi card (WN881ND) and try to make it work on Sierra. But i don't know why I can not find any network. The wifi indicator appears on status bar but it always shows "Looking for network".

My Specs:
i3-6100
MSI B150A Gaming Pro
8Gb RAM
Samsung 850 Evo

Anyone has the same card can help me please? I found some thread about this card but it works on El Capitan or earlier version, no one confirm on Sierra.
Thanks in advance guys :D

Two ways to do this...

DSDT patch (Permanent Fix):
This injects fake id (pci168c,2a) for the wireless card, a vanilla approach. If using clover then it is very simple by using inbuilt clover patch. Open config plist using clover configurator. Under ACPI —> DSDT fixes —> AddDTGP & FixAirport. These two fixes will make WN881ND work with most versions of MacOS. Confirmed working with El capitan. Clover patch reported as not working in Sierra, manual DSDT patch will work. If u are injecting DSDT, then u can add these fixes manually to DSDT like i did, which will work for sure. Ask if need help.

Kext patch (Lost with any major update excluding security updates):
Copy IO80211Family.kext from S/L/E to desktop. Add the device id to info plist.
Path: IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Add (or edit) any one of the following strings to info.plist in the appropriate location, where similar strings are present.
<string>pci168c,2e</string> or
<string>pci168c,30a4</string>

Install the modified kext to S/L/E using kext installer. Need to repeat for every update.

If can't connect to network with this procedure, then the problem may be with channel, locale or router settings unrelated to sierra. Out of my scope...

Last edited:
Two ways to do this...

This injects fake id for the wireless card, a vanilla approach. If using clover then it is very simple by using inbuilt clover patch. Open config plist using clover configurator. Under ACPI —> DSDT fixes —> AddDTGP & FixAirport. These two fixes will make WN881ND work with any version of MacOS. I am currently using this method in sierra (not through clover patch but by manually adding these fixes in my custom DSDT). No problems in connecting to network.

Path: IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Add (or edit) any one of the following strings to info.plist in the appropriate location, where similar strings are present.

Install the modified kext. Need to repeat for every update.

If can't connect to network with this procedure, then the problem may be with channel, locale or router settings unrelated to sierra. Out of my scope...

Thanks Bro, I'll test it tomorrow when I get back my hackintosh :D
Hope it work.

Well that DSDT Patch worked for me!

Thanks a lot.

I just need to get my audio working now - I've Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI with Realtek® ALC1150 so we'll see...

Edit: Hmmm.

The wireless fix isn't persistent. I need to set it again on start-up. Why isn't it saving?

Well that DSDT Patch worked for me!

Thanks a lot.

I just need to get my audio working now - I've Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI with Realtek® ALC1150 so we'll see...
I already checked these things but it did not work

It worked for me but on restarting all settings are erased.

Hi everyone i really need help

Im running Sierra 10.12.5
I followed the guide below with kext patch.
IO80211Family.kext from S/L/E to desktop. Add the device id to info plist.

then i used kext beast. and restart

still not showing any wifi at all, i looked at my system prefernce on wifi it only show as picture attached.
please help

i went with the other guide DSDT Patch.
i opened clover configurator, tick on Add DtGP & Fixairport
saved and restart.

still no wifi.

please help..
why wont any one answer.

i posted on every thread related to wn881nd and no body is answering :banghead:

Two ways to do this...

This injects fake id (pci168c,2a) for the wireless card, a vanilla approach. If using clover then it is very simple by using inbuilt clover patch. Open config plist using clover configurator. Under ACPI —> DSDT fixes —> AddDTGP & FixAirport. These two fixes will make WN881ND work with most versions of MacOS. Confirmed working with El capitan. Clover patch reported as not working in Sierra, manual DSDT patch will work. If u are injecting DSDT, then u can add these fixes manually to DSDT like i did, which will work for sure. Ask if need help.

Install the modified kext to S/L/E using kext installer. Need to repeat for every update.

Attachments

• S__38133765.jpg
    S__38133765.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Hi everyone i really need help

Im running Sierra 10.12.5
I followed the guide below with kext patch.
IO80211Family.kext from S/L/E to desktop. Add the device id to info plist.

then i used kext beast. and restart

still not showing any wifi at all, i looked at my system prefernce on wifi it only show as picture attached.
please help

i went with the other guide DSDT Patch.
i opened clover configurator, tick on Add DtGP & Fixairport
saved and restart.

still no wifi.

please help..
why wont any one answer.

i posted on every thread related to wn881nd and no body is answering :banghead:
Hi, did you solve the problem? Bacause I have the same wifi card ( Ven Id: 1969, Dev Id: 1091) and I am facing the same problem. The card is detected in system report though..
I tried both of the methods but couldn't get the card to work.
What is your dev id??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back