Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD3
CPU
Skylake i5-6600k
Graphics
GTX 1060 3GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I got the TP-Link Archer T6E for my wifi, since the archer line is natively compatible. However, the card wasn't noticed by the machine I saw, to the point that the wifi options in the network menu have disappeared. However, wifi is detected and can connect, etc. when I'm in the OS installer. I did not set up any kexts are do fixes to my config/clover, since I thought it wouldn't be necessity for an native card. is there anything i should do? I already tried reinstalling OS X

I got the TP-Link Archer T6E for my wifi, since the archer line is natively compatible. However, the card wasn't noticed by the machine I saw, to the point that the wifi options in the network menu have disappeared. However, wifi is detected and can connect, etc. when I'm in the OS installer. I did not set up any kexts are do fixes to my config/clover, since I thought it wouldn't be necessity for an native card. is there anything i should do? I already tried reinstalling OS X

This sounds ridiculous, but humor me - try moving the card to a different PCIe slot. I had a problem a while back with a PCIe wifi card, and moving it to a different slot "fixed" it.

This sounds ridiculous, but humor me - try moving the card to a different PCIe slot. I had a problem a while back with a PCIe wifi card, and moving it to a different slot "fixed" it.
I will definitely try that. Would that still be a solution if the card works when booting to the installer, just not to the main drive? I will need to move other PCIE devices to make room for the card, will those devices have trouble working if moved to the slot the wifi card was in?

I will definitely try that. Would that still be a solution if the card works when booting to the installer, just not to the main drive? I will need to move other PCIE devices to make room for the card, will those devices have trouble working if moved to the slot the wifi card was in?
It didn't seem to change anything unfortunately. I'm going to try updating my Clover (its currently on 37xx, the default that comes with multibeast) and seeing if that makes a difference. When i tried using multibeast with the newest version of clover, it broke the config so i've been using the old version as a result. Is that a known error?

Updating clover (using original config) did not change results. For lack of knowing what to try next, I'm attaching my EFI partition, my S/L/E folder and my bootlog to help troubleshoot

Attachments

• Terminal Saved Output.txt
    16.2 KB · Views: 234
  • EFI.zip
    33 MB · Views: 233
  • Extensions (S:L:E).zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 111

Hey, I had the same issue and manage to fix it :

In your clover configurator, under the Kernel and Kexts Patches tab, add the following KextsToPatch

TP-LINK T6E.png

Save and reboot, wifi signal should show on the menu bar

Hope it will help you :)

Hey, I had the same issue and manage to fix it :

In your clover configurator, under the Kernel and Kexts Patches tab, add the following KextsToPatch

View attachment 245521

Save and reboot, wifi signal should show on the menu bar

Hope it will help you :)
That worked! I don't know why, but at first it wouldn't detect the hardware. Then i installed the AppleIGB kext and that made it work again! Any idea why that could've been?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back