CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have always had a weird problem with my WDN4800. I searched for people with the same problem but I don't see anything exactly like what I experience.

It works fine for a day or two, but eventually I will lose internet connectivity. I don't get the exclamation mark on the wifi icon when this happens, it just won't load any websites and the dropbox icon becomes greyed out from not being able to connect. If I turn wifi off and turn it back on it shows zero available wifi networks (normally there is like 20) and so I can't reconnect. A reboot fixes the problem.

I have a shell script that rsync's files from a remote server every 10 minutes and runs in the background using a launchd process. Sometimes a large file transfer (multiple gb's) from that script seems to trigger the problem, but it doesn't trigger it consistently. The problem happened prior to that script's existence, so it can't be the cause of it either. All other devices, including a 2015 MBP, do not experience this issue. I have manually set the LAN IP for my hackintosh and it's far away from from any auto assigned IP's so the issue should not be an IP conflict.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Is there anything I can run to debug/troubleshoot when problem occurs? Thanks in advance.

Build info:
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Clover

Router:
TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750
5ghz Network (Channel 48)
2.4ghz Network (Auto)

I should add that I used to have a problem that many other people had with this card dropping connection after about 30 mins or so. That was resolved by getting a new router with 5ghz that allowed me to set the channel (I use 48).

Bump.

I noticed the LED status light on the back of the WiFi card never turns on, even when it’s working. Is this normal on hackintoshes?

Also I was wondering if since large file transfers sometimes can trigger the problem, if it possibly is overheating, which causes a problem that can only be resolved by rebooting the computer. Is there a way to “reset” a PCI-Express slot without rebooting the computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back