Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
So I reinstalled Monterey and even upgraded to Ventura no issues what so ever, but something I realized both before and after is that when I plug in my TP-link UB400 it isn't recognized and in about this Mac this is what it states no matter what I do. I had even added BlueToolFixup to my kext and config.

Bluetooth Controller:

Address: NULL

State: Off

Chipset: BCM_4350C2

Discoverable: Off

Firmware Version: v0 c0

Supported services: 0x382039 < HFP AVRCP A2DP HID Braille AACP GATT SerialPort >

Transport: USB

Vendor ID: 0x004C (Apple)

Is the CSR (Cambridge Silicon Radio) bluetooth chipset (CSR8510 A10) used in the TP-Link UB400 module supported in Monterey & Ventura?

Does the CSR BT module require BlueToolFixup.kext in order to work in the most recent versions of macOS?

The kext is part of BrcmPatchRam, linked below.

Having the same issue here. Tried mapping the ports, and the BluetoolFixup kext but nothing worked.

Ok so apparently I cannot send a pm so will have to post this and hope Edhawk can assist me as I am still having this issue but due to illness and other things I am only recently available to start trying to resolve this issue. I downloaded the linked folder however I do not see a BlueToolFixup.kext in the folder and as such I am not sure where to get said kext.

BlueToolFixup.kext is actually part of the Broadcom Bluetooth kexts, but used for Monterey and Ventura with Intel/non-Apple Bluetooth modules since Apple made some changes to the Bluetooth stack.

It can be downloaded from the link below.

Select the latest Release option, download the zipped folder containing the kexts, and just use the BlueToolFixup.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back