Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Any help will be appreciated people!
I have a fully functioning stable snow leopard Hackintosh running 10.6.8
i have decided to go down the wireless route to make most of my other apple products and utilize icloud.

looking at previous posts regarding wireless cards, i purchased a TP link TL-WN951N as this was stated to work out of the box in 32 bit mode.

After installing the card into my mobo, the system has slowed right down, the wireless icon appears shaded on the top bar, but it will not connect with airport utility. Airport utility will not recognise any networks.

Question, do I need to change any kext? change settings elsewhere to get the card to work as others appear to have done?
thanks in advance !!

Both the wn951n and the wn851n only work with core 2 duo the do not work with multi-core processors. Two days ago I found some body who got them working with a modified kext downloaded from media fire. Do a google search for "Tp-Link Wireless for Lion" and dowload. After that install with Kext Beast and see what happens. It did work for me on the wn851n after including is device ID in the Atheros40 plist file.

Khan said:
Both the wn951n and the wn851n only work with core 2 duo the do not work with multi-core processors. Two days ago I found some body who got them working with a modified kext downloaded from media fire. Do a google search for "Tp-Link Wireless for Lion" and dowload. After that install with Kext Beast and see what happens. It did work for me on the wn851n after including is device ID in the Atheros40 plist file.

I just got a Wn851n and it's not working. Did you got yours working on i7 ? [ i have a i7 2600k] , would you mind sharing the Kext with the mod. that you did? Thnx !!

You need to modify the plist inside IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist that you downloaded from mediafire. Modify item 1 to 168c,29. And the install with Kext Beast.It worked for me with a I7. Let me know if it works for you.

Attachments

• Plist.png
    Plist.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 931
Khan said:
You need to modify the plist inside IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist that you downloaded from mediafire. Modify item 1 to 168c,29. And the install with Kext Beast.It worked for me with a I7. Let me know if it works for you.

Thnx, but its not working for me...... perhaps is becuuse i have a 2600k? or my Pci wireless in not V2.1 [ mine is V.2.0 ] TL-Wn851n

Did you run system utilities? It may help. Can you tell if your vendor ID is the same?

Khan said:

Thanks for the tip! From all that was tested was the most stable, but after a while browsing crashes. Indeed, it is a problem and not incompatible kext. The funny thing is that even with the original IO80211Family put yourself in the bios to use only one CPU and off fine, works without problems. Now wait for someone who is known to improve this kext you provided to run smoothly.

I have a TL-WN951n

Yes. I got a crash today with a wn851n. It was working so well... I also have a wn951n. I hope someone with the knowledge can fix this kext because it seems to be very close to working in Lion. Thanks!

Thanks for the comments. however, I am running snow leopard 10.6.8.
Is the process the same as described for Lion?

Both the wn951n and wn851n have the same problem. They run great with a core 2 duo that I have but they will eventually crash with I3 I5 and I7 unless you run with CPU=1 which after spending for a multi processor is just not the idea. The wn951n will work OOB while the wn851n will need the Plist modification as I showed above. They do the same in SL 10.6.8 and in Lion. It is a real shame because they run real well with the core 2 duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back