Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H97N-WIFI
CPU
Intel I5 4670K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone,

So up until I updated to Sierra, I had my PCI-E adapter delivering decent WiFi. The speeds definitely weren't consistent, and it was cutting out every now and then, or lagging very badly in speed. In El Capitan, ToledaArpt.kext made the device register in System Info, but it wouldn't connect to networks (and the kext itself caused kernel panics). My method that got the device to work was to add a string for the device pci168c,30a4 in AirPortAtheros40.kext - and also to force the Region and Locale using TheRacerMaster's clover patch http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...capitan-1011-for-unsupported-cards/?p=2245953

I've tried a couple other device ID's, TheRacerMaster's Sierra patch from the above post, and ToledaArpt all in different combinations - but I can't even get the device to register in Sierra.

Has anyone gotten this card working in Sierra? Are there any other methods / patches / kexts I could try to get it working? Really hoping someone has figured it out.

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

So up until I updated to Sierra, I had my PCI-E adapter delivering decent WiFi. The speeds definitely weren't consistent, and it was cutting out every now and then, or lagging very badly in speed. In El Capitan, ToledaArpt.kext made the device register in System Info, but it wouldn't connect to networks (and the kext itself caused kernel panics). My method that got the device to work was to add a string for the device pci168c,30a4 in AirPortAtheros40.kext - and also to force the Region and Locale using TheRacerMaster's clover patch http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...capitan-1011-for-unsupported-cards/?p=2245953

I've tried a couple other device ID's, TheRacerMaster's Sierra patch from the above post, and ToledaArpt all in different combinations - but I can't even get the device to register in Sierra.

Has anyone gotten this card working in Sierra? Are there any other methods / patches / kexts I could try to get it working? Really hoping someone has figured it out.

Thanks!

go to this path on finder(you have to use 'go to folder' option in finder)

/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirportAtheros40.kext/Contents

then copy info.plist on your desktop

Add this entry next to the others already present:

<string>pci168c,2e</string>

and paste it back to the directory that you copied it will ask you to replace so replace it.

download and run DCPI manager
Repair permissions
Rebuild cache
and restart your computer

Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 9.00.04 PM.png

go to this path on finder(you have to use 'go to folder' option in finder)

/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirportAtheros40.kext/Contents

then copy info.plist on your desktop

Add this entry next to the others already present:

and paste it back to the directory that you copied it will ask you to replace so replace it.

download and run DCPI manager
Repair permissions
Rebuild cache
and restart your computer

View attachment 212090

Did that work for you? Is it supposed to work without ToledaArpt.kext and any FakeID's in Clover? Because when I initially modified my kext after my install, I had the original string for the device ID that I posted, as well as a string for pci168c,2d AND pci168c,2e

Are there any issues with adding multiple device IDs to the kext at one time? Is there anything else I should try? Thanks.

Edit: I just checked my info.plist and I still have my originally working device ID from El Cap (30a4) as well as pci168c,2e and pci168,2d. Not sure what else I can do.

yeah it is working for me and i'am using it now..

Did that work for you? Is it supposed to work without ToledaArpt.kext and any FakeID's in Clover? Because when I initially modified my kext after my install, I had the original string for the device ID that I posted, as well as a string for pci168c,2d AND pci168c,2e

Are there any issues with adding multiple device IDs to the kext at one time? Is there anything else I should try? Thanks.

Edit: I just checked my info.plist and I still have my originally working device ID from El Cap (30a4) as well as pci168c,2e and pci168,2d. Not sure what else I can do.

and also it will work without ToledaArpt.kext and any FakeID's

yeah it is working for me and i'am using it now..

Interesting... You're on Sierra? No other modifications to the kext? I just went into the kext and edited info.plist again so that the only additional Device ID string was pci168c,2e and repaired permissions etc. rebooted and my WiFi still says "No Hardware Installed". :/

Do you have an identical Tp-Link adapter to mine? WN881ND with Atheros 9287 Chipset?

My Plist is identical to yours under the IONameMatch key:

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros40</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>AirPort_AtherosNewma40</string>
<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
<string>IODefaultMatchCategory</string>
<key>IONameMatch</key>
<array>
<string>pci168c,30</string>
<string>pci168c,2a</string>
<string>pci106b,0086</string>
<string>pci168c,1c</string>
<string>pci168c,23</string>
<string>pci168c,24</string>
</array>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>700</integer>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

My Plist is identical to yours under the IONameMatch key:

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros40</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>AirPort_AtherosNewma40</string>
<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
<string>IODefaultMatchCategory</string>
<key>IONameMatch</key>
<array>
<string>pci168c,30</string>
<string>pci168c,2a</string>
<string>pci106b,0086</string>
<string>pci168c,1c</string>
<string>pci168c,23</string>
<string>pci168c,24</string>
</array>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>700</integer>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
use DCPI manager and rebuild the cache and repair permissions. remove any fake id and toledaarpt

i have the same adapter thats i using it in sierra
Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 10.32.04 PM.png

I will try. You should follow TheRacerMaster's clover patch I posted above to fix the region and locale, I see you're having that issue. I can walk you through that for Sierra if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back