Graphics
evga geforce GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So my El Capitan hackintosh is mostly working, except for the wifi card. Mind you, this is probably the most highly recommended wifi card around.

With my default router settings (that work well on my macbook pro and iphone) it can't make a connection (although it recognized the signal). The strange thing is that it only picks up my wifi signal and one or two others, when my macbook pro right beside it picks up at least 20 signals.

I saw some threads mentioning playing around with the router settings might work, so I changed mine
TPLINK
300Mbps 2.4Ghz TL-WR940N router

My router doesn't support 5ghz so that might be a problem.
It is currently set to 11bgn mode, Auto Channel Width, Auto Channel, max rate 300 mbs.
When changing it to 11bg mixed, max rate 54mbs, I can manage a connection... but it is extremely slow and unreliable.

I tried messing around with the channels (I can only go up to 13) and that didn't really change anything.

So what are my options? Is this fixable with kexts? Do I need a different PCI express wireless card, or maybe a new router?
I have searched the forums and can't really find a situation similar to mine.

Thanks ahead

Hey sorry for post in a old thread but, you can fix your problem? I have the same TP-Link TL-WDN4800 and the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back